I’m starting a spin off thread from my original build to focus on the repair and rehab of the Model A frame. This is the foundation of the project and a few areas need to be addressed before we can start building. This has set dormant since Fall of 2013. I had many opportunities to take it to a fellow HAMB’r to have the work done but in the back of my mind I had the want and desire to do it myself, to feel that satisfaction of creating something from my bare hands. So fast forward to June/July this year, after doing my research I decided on a Hobart Handler 140 MIG machine and all the safety equipment that goes along with it. I bought this direct from Hobart as a Factory Refurb, it's the new model with 5 voltage settings and the all metal drive mechanism. Picked up some scrap metal and started practicing. My goal is share what I learn along the way, help others and hopefully receive some constructive feedback and ideas during the process. So here we go! First step strip it down to the bare frame. (Summer of 2013) Issues Next we identify the problem areas, and we found some. The frame is in decent shape but needs a little TLC before the build can really start. 1. Front frame horns are bent. 2. Front cross member motor mount hole egged out and the whole cross member is loose and had been replaced at one time and was bolted in. Looking from the underside there was major cracks. 3. Center cross member front lip has battery damage and metal is thin. Also chassis has early motor with the finger on the clam shell that was busted out. 4. Rear cross member cracked in spring pocket area. 5. Rear Motor Mount Holes egged out. Coming up in the next post we tackle repairing the rear cross member.