Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Ford trunk INNER lower panel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Dec 20, 2009.

  1. The37Kid
    Joined: Apr 30, 2004
    Posts: 27,539


    All the Model A Ford Roadsters and Coupes I've had or sean had rumble seats, I want to convert my '30 to a trunk. I bought what I was told was an original lower inner panel, but I don't see how it would line up with any factory holes in the quarters or rear sub rail crossmember. Are the 28-29 and 30-31's different? A photo of a 30-31 sure would help. Thanks and Merry Christmas!:)
  2. BRENT in 10-uh-C
    Joined: Apr 14, 2004
    Posts: 502

    BRENT in 10-uh-C

    Bob, e-mail me at the shop and on Monday I will send you some photos of what you are wanting.

    Also, exactly which door patch panel are you needing, I may be able to help you there.
  3. pasadenahotrod
    Joined: Feb 13, 2007
    Posts: 11,776

    from Texas

    The curved inner panel you are looking for is available from any Model A Parts supplier. It mounts behind the outer panel and curves in and down to the rear of the floor pan(which is the same on rumble or trunk cars). The deck lid striker mounts atop this panel.
    Yes, there is a 28-29 and a 30-31 panel. New panels should have bolt/rivet holes in them.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.