Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Ford Kiwi Quick Change Rear End

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CHRMKR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. CHRMKR

CHRMKR
    from New Jersey

I am considering the Model A quick change rear end marketed and manufactured by a company in New Zealand (referred to as Kiwi quick change rear).

Has anyone in the USA purchased this from the New Zealand company and installed it in their Model A Ford? Any problems?

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I don't honestly know of anyone personally that has used the entire set up, but my buddy 4bangertroy from here on the board has bought several components from them for his original Halibrand rear and has been very satisfied with their stuff.

3. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

A buddy of mine used one in his A, real nice piece. Get a hold of chopped50ford on here.

4. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

Well, I'm not in USA but in Finland Europe. I had Kiwi QC in my roadster and it was good and surprisingly quiet. I drove it several years before I sold the car. I guess it is still ok.
    I bought it from Derek Thomason direct and installed it myself. I used my original 31 differential and new aftermarket 3.78:1 R&P. If I remember right I ordered the QC with 3A gears that gave me total 3.33:1.
    When doing the assembly I did not get the pinion far enough first so I machined the bearing cup some to get pinion deeper in the case. After that I get perfect contact gear patch.
    The original driveshaft I cut and got the splines machined so late 30's truck coupler will fit.
    Original driveshaft tube fits and the bars were turned to opposite sides and upside down because diveshaft line goes lower than original. All are well instructed with the QC kit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013

5. RussTee

RussTee

I have one fitted together with a mitchel overdrive and find it quiet and gives no trouble grate setup takes a bit of time to do but worth the trouble.

6. ukgav

ukgav

7. A Rodder

A Rodder

How much are they?

8. Ice man

Ice man

Saw one 2 weeks ago at Mike's Model A Stuff, 135 S. Blueberry St, Pinebluff, N Carolina 28373 910-281-3462, 695-5334. His name is Mike Patrowicz. Does nice work.