Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A dash info.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Phillips, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Rick Phillips

Rick Phillips

I recently bought a 31 Model A 5 window, most everything about the build I figured out what iit is and years it came from especially being independent front and mostly Chevy power train but one thing baffles me is the dash. Have been going through a lot of pic’s on threads and magazines but can’t figure out what it’s from and approximate year. Lots of people here have been it this a long time and know better than me, any ideas on identifying it.

2. Rick Phillips

Rick Phillips

3. BJR

BJR

Custom or aftermarket dash.

4. Rick Phillips

Rick Phillips

I removed it and couldn’t find any markings or stamping on it at all, and it sure isn’t anything like a stock dash bezel. But I do like it so that’s a plus.

5. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

Yep custom or aftermarket

6. Wasn't uncommon in the 70's Billet Street Rod times for a shop to carve something like that out of a piece of Aluminum plate to make a one of kind statement.

7. Rick Phillips

Rick Phillips

That’s a good point, could be a one off dash, least wherever it came from it’s nice and good quality.

Pist-n-Broke likes this.