Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A coupe removable steel top insert - can't find old thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bluedot, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Bluedot

Bluedot

Some time ago, I read a thread with pix about somebody's Model A coupe with a dandy design for a removable steel top insert. Used some cool latches below the roof to hold it in place. I thought I'd saved the info, but apparently not. I have spent the last hour searching all over the HAMB with every phrase I could think of - no luck. I found lots of related info, but I am looking for that specific thread. Can anybody steer me to it?
    Thanks.
    Bluedot

2. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

3. mikew

mikew

I don't have any good pics, but I used a a 80's GM roof section. I welded studs around the perimeter and drilled matching holes in the roof wood. I cut the panel abouut 1.5" bigger in all directions and then covered the bottom (inside) with a mexican blanket to match my seat. Then, I covered the outside with stock type vinyl material along with glued-on edging. I used old style wing nuts to hold it in place and make it semi-easy to remove.

Honestly, haven't taken it off yet to drive but may try it this weekend.