Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Model A coupe on jaguar suspension

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by zoltar, Oct 24, 2017.

1. zoltar

zoltar

Looking at buying a frame with 302 motor, 5sp trans and jaguar front and rear suspension. . wheelbase on frame is 103.5, I think that will work. Axle length seems a little too long? I can get this setup for 1500.00[​IMG],
    Any thoughts or advice? Was just about to buy a running flathead for 900. Not sure which way to go? Thanks

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

It is highly likely that the rear axle width will be too wide so if you are planning fenders the cost of narrowing is something to consider.
    Did you plan just to try and drop a body onto this frame or just salvage the components?
    It is your final decision, weak as I am, I'd be buying both just cos it is at your finger tips...

czuch likes this.
  4. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Ditto above, flatty for the A,an find something to put on that chassis, An sell it, Lot of people love that stuff!!

5. Good buy on the frame if everything is good, but it will be way too wide for a A body. I'm not sure what frame that is (maybe a late '40s truck?), but it's not a '30s Ford car....

lurker mick likes this.
  6. Put a glass Cobra body on it and have fun.

7. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

with that "tophat" cross section frame construction, it is probably a GM frame. Strange, given the SBF.