Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model-A column drop needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnyeyeball, Apr 3, 2011.

1. So the rummer on the street is Model-A Victoria came with the column drop. can anyone tell me where to find one or who remakes one

2. its some sort of steel or aluminum piece

3. GOONZ

GOONZ

As far as I know they do not repop these, I scored mine at Turlock. You should be able to find one at Pomona. I have one that is aluminum and one that is steel.....don't know much about who made what.
    [​IMG]

4. I am of the belief that the long column drops as shown in the photo are 31 Deluxe roadster. I purchased one that was listed as such.

5. That's the one man I NEED It the spacer that thing is bitchin yea
    Needle in a hay stack in Pomona I will hit up Jim gorden at obsolete

6. 31Apickup

31Apickup

The long column drop is a late 31 Model A, I thbink they went to this when they went to the indented firewall in May 31. Earlier 31's & 30's have the column mount on the bottom of the gas tank.

7. Try Bert's
    http://www.modelastore.com/
    They are good for original parts. After that try a "wanted" ad on fordbarn.com.

Charlie Stephens

8. i just want the spacer

9. GOONZ

GOONZ

I know what you meant, I just had mine already attached to dash rail column drop. They are hard to find, took me about two years to find one. There is a vendor at the Turlock swap meet (Model A club) that had three and I bought two of them. There is still one out there for sale!!!! He didn't even really know what it was for and it was at the bottom of a pile, so good luck and get in touch with some of the model a clubs in your area those guys are usually good hoarders.

10. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

That is now rare. They used to be repro'd in aluminum, but no longer available.
    The long drop was used on SOME late '31 body styles, the spacer I think is an earlier development that was used on tudor phaetons and maybe victorias that had low seating.
    Neither is easy to find noe that repros are gone.

11. got one thanks for the help guys