Register now to get rid of these ads!

model a center console

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48chrysler, Dec 28, 2011.

1. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

I'm about to do the interior in my A and was wondering if you guys have ever seen a center console that actually looks good. I would really like to have a drink holder and quite possibly a ash tray.

I am not going to mess it up with something that looks out of place.

I used the search funtion and didn't really find anything.

Thanks in advance.

2. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

i would get one of those black plastic drink holder/console things that they sell at places like kragen, that way you can take it out for shows or whatnot, but it just sits on the floor whenever you need it. i have one in my pontiac and it works really good, but isnt permanent and doesnt ruin the "period" look inside the car when it is moved.

3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I dont think there is enough space width wise to have any kind of decent console in a model A.

4. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I think '1951Streamliner' has the right idea.........

5. Look for interior pics for '60s show rods. You are not going to have a lot of room between the seats but you coulod sure build something on the floor in front of the seats. maybe even rob the console from a T-bird or a Chevelle or Impala SS or something.

6. 8-Track

8-Track

I think there was a thread on cup holders a while back

7. If all you want are cup holders the wire marine ones work real well in a rod. They are cheap and unobtrusive.

8. I've just been thinking about that myself. I have decided to make 2 using 3 1/2" exhaust pipe making them 2 1/2" long, capping the end and welding them in flush to the floor just ahead of the seat cushion. I'll spray them with rubber bed liner in a can and with the black carpet I think they will all but dissaper. So far that's the best I can come up with but subject to change.
    The Wizzard

9. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

I was thinking about making one out of sheet metal to go on the floor in front of the shifter and upholstering it. I was just wondering if you huys had seen it done well

10. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

i usually put my coffee in one of my workboots on the passenger floor. keeps it warm longer, too. a roll of ductape also works good.

11. silversink

silversink

A new roll of duct tape----It'll stick to the floor and is the right size for drink cups, have 2 in minealso works for a quick repair or mouth cover for a yapppy friend

12. A buddy of mine has one in a 32 in front of his shifter. It's not very easy to use. I seem to like between the seat and shifter myself.
    The Wizzard

13. I guess it would depend on where the shifter is. His is a 39 gearbox just like the one in my A roadster.
    The Wizzard

14. fc ute

fc ute

not a model a but a small interior
    the metal console lid holds 2 cups and lifts up for storage

Attached Files:

15. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

depending on the seat/seats used, check out the newer dodge vans, the rear seats have pull out cup holders built into them, some of the second row 'bucket' seats in them have fold down cup holders. just throwin it out there, you may be able to adapt these cup holders to your seat/seats so when not in use, it's tucked out of the way and unseen.