Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical model A body vs. model T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evobuilder, Apr 16, 2014.

1. evobuilder

evobuilder

so I have a 27 coupe body on a custom made frame and am thinking about taking on a new project, but not sure what. So.... I am thinking about pulling the model T coupe body and replace with a model A coupe body. Thoughts? Yes, I am going to have to do some serious cutting, fabbing, etc, I know that, but I wonder how close the body dimensions are between the late t 5 window coupe vs. the model A five window or even 32 3 window.

I have plenty of other projects I can destroy instead of this one, but it sounded like a fun thing to (at least) consider.

Thoughts?

2. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Wouldn't it make more sense financially to sell the complete car and start from scratch?

3. I personally would use the T, but its hard to say without pics, its easy to say "use what you like", but i understand that a second, or third opinion sometimes is needed :)

4. evobuilder

evobuilder

you'd think.... but I really enjoy re-building things I have already built or someone else did.
    That way. I know them inside and out. I do this with my motorcycles too.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. bartmcneill

bartmcneill
    from Ada, OK

You will come out ahead selling the T and starting over. Maybe a TCI chassis even. the T looks great, it would be a shame to tear it apart.

6. evobuilder

evobuilder

yeah..... I am starting think about leaving it alone afterall. Mechanically, it is (finally) working perfectly. Its always good to get feedback from the HAMB... you all keep me in check. Having said that.... I have a custom Harley that I think may get the "knife" :)

7. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

That T looks Bad Ass... slowly build the model A for something to keep you busy, and keep the T together to thrash around in. (just my 2 cents)