Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A body on 1932 frame subrails

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VAPHEAD, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

Hey guys,

First off, I would like to thank everyone who has purchased a Steadfast Model A Subrail Kit. You've definitely kept us busy over the last few years - we're wearing out the dies on our stretcher/shrinkers!

These Subrail Kits are available and can be purchased through Riley. However, if you prefer you can purchase these kits directly from us. They are in stock and ready to ship.

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Steadfast MFG

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    firepilot likes this.
  2. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

There you go.
    cool product!

3. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

oh. thats cool. Yah i really liked the kit. when i installed mine i cut off part of the new subrail and left the old one longer. then i overlaped the the wedge shaped piece over the old and new subrails.

4. jmccully

jmccully
    from ms.

wow that was quick!
    Thanks for all the quick responses!

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome to the HAMB, thanks for the update. I sent you a PM, I'll need a kit. Bob

6. StrickV8

StrickV8

any pics?

7. Congrats, Eric. Great idea. I hope you sell the shit out of these.

8. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

The rear subrails came Monday on the big brown truck. They were shipped from Steadfast Manufacturing in Mansfield Oh. They are well built and are really nice pieces. Can't wait to get started on the install...

[​IMG]

9. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

Fantastic!!! Be sure that you post up pics during the install!

10. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

If you have any questions at all about the kits or the installation, we're just a phone call away at 419-526-3132.

Also, we're going to be installing a set of those same subrails on a customer's car some time in the near future. We'll put up step-by-step install pictures during that project, so stay tuned!!!

11. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

And here's a load of subrails being delivered to UPS to be taken to their new owners...

[​IMG]

12. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Just ordered a set of these from Steadfast and will report back on installation. Anyone with updates on installation on these?

13. FROM91

FROM91

that peice of wood i see sticking out on that last picture, picture number 7, dose that stay there or is that for mock up??

14. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Mine was easy as my wheel wells were severely damaged and had to be replaced anyway. What I did was cut the top of the wheel well so that the flat portion of the well(the part with the ribs) was in line vertically with the sub rail and the top of the well opening . I used new replacement wheel wells, but this would work with original ones as well.
    If you don't want to change the outside appearance then you may want to cut a step in the sub rail.
    I am sure others did it differently, but this worked for me.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!