Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Banger, New member

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 1930BeachRat, Aug 8, 2018.

1. 1930BeachRat

1930BeachRat

Hello all, I’m new to the H.A.M.B. but not to rodding or the industry.

I joined to get some questions answered and also to give advice from my experiences. I restore professionally.

I don’t know everything, and was looking for some answers or even direction to look in the forum itself

I finally got my dream car, unmolested 1930 Model A Tudor with 95% of the original parts. I want to make a Banger style Hotrod, and period correct to what the WW2 vets would’ve made when coming home.

I’m not looking for original parts from the day, but new replicas of what they would’ve upgraded back pre 50s maybe even pre 55 not sure on all available parts back then, any info would be awesome, wanting to keep the 4 cyl in the car

Any advice or even books recommended, I would really appreciate it

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

bondojunkie likes this.
  2. 1930BeachRat

1930BeachRat

[​IMG][​IMG]

A pic of me and Gene! Working a live chop shop at world of wheels

Casey Riley likes this.
  3. welcome! look forward to a build thread on your sedan.

1930BeachRat likes this.
  4. Welcome to the H.a.m.b., always happy to meet a fellow banger! Judging from your board name, I suspect that you are from either the west, east or southern coast. Care to elaborate? There is a whole lot of knowledge about "bangers" and early hot rodding around here and I'm sure that you will find the answers that you need. There is a "banger" social group here and many threads concerning the Ford banger, the search function is your friend! Enjoy your time here...

1930BeachRat likes this.

5. 1930BeachRat

1930BeachRat

Thank you! And how would I go about finding the banger social group? Not familiar with this web page yet, and I’m currently in the East Coast, Been in the west coast, been in Texas, but in VA now, go to TROG every year in New Jersey! Love it.

6. 1930BeachRat

1930BeachRat

Thank you! How do I start a thread on my build?

7. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Welcome to the HAMB!

1930BeachRat likes this.
  8. This should help ya navigate things...
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forums/tutorials.88/
    TROG is on my 'bucket list" as well as the Hot Rod Dirt Drags. Going to the Hot Rod Hill Climb next month.

1930BeachRat likes this.
  9. 1930BeachRat

1930BeachRat