Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Model A aftermarket frame pics in trunk area

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by NasT, Dec 20, 2014.

1. NasT

NasT
    from MD

Does anyone have pics of an aftermarket frame with 2" kick up in the trunk area of a roadster or coupe? Do they all need to have the sub rails trimmed? I'd like to keep the sub rails from being chopped up. Or is that just the way it is? If you have any pics to share I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Reds 29

Reds 29

My frame is kicked up 3" and is narrowed as well. This keeps it inside the sub-rails. Picture was taken 15 years ago, so it's not the best.

Attached Files:

3. A Duece Bruce

A Duece Bruce

here's what I did. cut the subrail at the rear hump and lowered the body till it sat on the brookville flat top frame. used a piece of bar bent to fit the hump. used body pad on the whole frame top. 9.JPG DSC00358.JPG I like the way it came out.

4. A Duece Bruce

A Duece Bruce

some more pics of the trunk area.

Attached Files:

5. A Boner

A Boner

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm thinking that the 2" kick up that some aftermarket A frames have, goes in the vertical space that would, on a stock frame, have the 2" high stock body mounting wood. If this is true, no modifications would have to be made to the sub rails, with the 2" kick up. Can someone with one of those frames chime in, and let us know?
    Thanks.

6. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I don't have pics but you do have to trim the sub rails.. Brookville use to provide a piece of "C" channel about 8" long by 1 1/2" tall to weld to the sub rail to make room for the kick up on frames they sold... |______| This is what the piece looked like standing on it's end.. This piece is easily made...

7. NasT

NasT
    from MD

I like the narrowed rear idea that way I can retain the rear sub rail.

8. flthd31

flthd31

You did say after market Model A frame.
    No, you wont have to chop into the sub rails on most kicked-up aftermarket frames.
    Most are narrowed back there with tabs on the sides of the rails for the rear most body mount. You would want to buy that frame from a hotrod shop like Cornhuskers or TCI.
    The pic of the body on the frame is a Sedan on a TCI frame....the coupe would look the same .
    The two others are Cornhuskers.

ModA-05-03.jpg ModelA2.jpg modelA3.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  9. bartmcneill

bartmcneill
    from Ada, OK

EBAY1 044.JPG EBAY1 044.JPG EBAY1 045.JPG EBAY1 045.JPG EBAY1 045.JPG EBAY1 046.JPG EBAY1 046.JPG EBAY1 045.JPG EBAY1 045.JPG EBAY1 046.JPG This one is a little different. I did not pinch the back rails to fit the crossmember I bought. Added some metal to it. Everything boxed, welded and ground smooth. It is not finished as can be seen. Maverick rear and Mustang II front.

10. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Not an after market frame but a stock frame with a 3" kickup in the rear. I notched the sub rail and boxed them for strength and built a raised floor. Didn't take a picture of the sub rail before I installed the floor

Attached Files: