Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A 454 w/ 2x4

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Danshotrod, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Danshotrod

Danshotrod

My question is my buddie has a Model A coupe with a stock 454 w/ 2x4s on it. The tunnel ram has two seperate plenums front and back. He is running a 750 edelbrock in back and a 500 up front. What kind of damage is he going to do.

[​IMG]

2. khead47

khead47

3. squirrel

squirrel

depends...how good are the brakes?

4. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

He's going to empty his wallet every time he stops at a gas station

5. Well he is running more air to the rears than the fronts. It may be a bitch to tune other than that I doibt that it willl actually hurt the engine if that is what you are asking.

6. Danshotrod

Danshotrod

I felt it might wash those rear four cylinders, gas wise and would later on foul those plugs. Am I wrong in thinking this.. Dan

7. 77powerwagon

77powerwagon

I just ruined my computer screen with ice tea when I read that. All joking aside, as long as it is tuned and has the proper jets I don't see having a negative effect. Just a pain in the ass as others have stated. Thanks for the laugh as well.

8. Dan,
    CFM is an air rating not a fuel rating. It is cubic feet of air per minute. The amount of fuel that goes into the plenum is determined by the jetting. You just have to jet it so that it is getting the correct amount of fuel.

Tunning two different size carbs to run together is a tunner nightmare. If it was a common plenum and he could run progressive it would be different but it is separate plenums and so th cabs have to run straigh across. It could be that you could make one carb open faster than the other and when both are all in the larger carb would not be open as much as the smaller to flow the same amount of air. But now we are nit pickin and while I know people that would be apt to do that it is not something that the average new commer to the induction game is going to get done.

I would look for another carb if it were me because I am just plum lazy.

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Perfect! LMAO

10. zeke1270

zeke1270
    from Alberta

Pretty funny.

11. Perfect answers!

I ran unmatched carbs before without any issues... remember the three circuits of a carb (Idle, Mid, and Full) and you should be ok.