Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A 10 Bolt e Brake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, Feb 13, 2020.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Im looking at purchasing an A coupe with 10 bolt rear end that does not have an e (hand) brake.

Having no experience with 10 bolts (drums) and I wont see the car until it arrives here in Japan what parts will I need to get this job done?

On doing a little research prior to posting have seen these cables. Besides the lever assembly, if I go this way what else will I need?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-ec8004u/

Thanks as always.
    Cheers
    Pete

2. You may need the internal e-brake levers and cross bars if they are missing; seems people like to leave them off.

3. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks. By chance anyone got some pics of one installed including cable routing etc?

4. Here is a pic of a complete 10 bolt rear drum set up. A start that may help this was from a 69 Camaro. A little crusty from sitting outside

20200214_202623.jpg

5. Here is a pic of routing under car

camero.png

On left coming from frame is where it would go to your ebrake handle, Where the clips are near rear are going to each drum.. Hook on right to frame is like a tensioner or such to keep cable pulling even for both sides, I know different car but concept would work for you..