Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mockup....Project WARPIG...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I smell another post on that street rod forum about how unsafe this project will be... :rolleyes: "No front brakes???!? That guy is a menace to society. Why he could spin out and knock my lawnchair over and crush my crying doll..."

I love your vision... this is going to be one of the coolest rides ever.

2. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Ha Ha thats funny I was thinking of him when I wrote that.....Thats why I stated for Drag racing purposes only.........So I will go on record now....'' This will never see a public street!!!''........Its for Drag Racing only...they still will not get it......Littleman

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Haha....I also thought of "that" place........you MENACE you.....

I dig the tires and wheels......although, is that gonna be enough tire???:eek::D

4. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I fear the same......as of now Hurst cannot make them any wider and I want the piecrust look.....Hurst makes the 16'' dia and Radir does not.........If I have to I will go w/ M/T that are 33/10.5-16's these are 11.3'' wide or another option is the M/H cheater slicks and they are 28/12.5-16's, these I really do not care for the look and they are short.......Littleman...I have to mock the Hurst up and see, they really are a good looking tire.....I will say Hust has great customer service from what I have experienced...

5. elcornus

elcornus

Dave, I have years and years of rock crawlin experience, and I can tell you the pros run the atlas T-case and Currie 40 spline axles, a 40"-44" tall tire x 12"-14" wide, super sticky compound. They often disconnect the rear drive (with shifter) and do whats known as a front burn, where all the power is going to the front wheels.

These are healthy small blocks zinging at 6500 rpm, with the front tires finding massive amounts of traction 1 second, then slippin and sliding the next,HUGE SHOCK LOADS to the drive train, and they keep on truckin:cool:

go to www.pirate4x4.com to see this in action.

Thats gonna be someones new sig line:D
    Too funny:p

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I was on that website very late last night and have been searching all over for a used AtlasII unit on all the websites........Thanks for the info...Littleman...I have alot to learn about all this stuff....should be fun..

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Yeah....I hear ya on the tires......the bigger, softer tires just won't "look" right......The Hursts are a great looking tire, I have the 28 3/4x7 1/2x15's with WWW mounted on some old ET's....haven't mounted 'em to anything yet...but look awesome!

Plus the guys at Hurst are just good people.....

8. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Dave you are the MAN!!!!!!
    Way to much conformity in the scene.
    I commend you.
    Tires look right at home
    You make quite a few of us proud to be quite a few

Cody
    Hurst Racing Tires

9. Ox65

Ox65

I haven't look back though the thread so someone might said it already. Have you giving any thought to using a NP205 T-case. There all gear driven like the atlas. They are almost the same size as the atlas,heaver because the case is cast iron,but way cheaper than a atlas. Ford,Chevy and Dodge used them so there out there. They use them in high HP pulling trucks. It might be a idea. Anyways,this thing is going to be killer. I can't wait to see it at the track.

10. elcornus

elcornus

11. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Why not ?

12. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

It will be a dedicated Drag Car....it will be on kill.........DeathsDoorStep will see the street thou...Littleman

13. Ox65

Ox65

elcornus; Great link,I was just coming to post some info.

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techarticles/drivetrain/131_0505_np205_transfer_case/index.html

Dave, Were you going to use a coupler or a short drive shaft? I know the mid 70's Fords had a divorced 205 that didn't bolt right to the trans. I think you can still get the parts to make any 205 a "divorced" t-case.

I spent a lot of time playing in the off-road world. I had a 205 stitting in my shop forever,but I just sold it last year. I still run with a few off-roaders should be able to find something.

14. tmacracin

tmacracin

Littleman
    I've seen lots of NP205 T-cases used in wheelstander applications. There is a local guy who has run one for years in his 37 Chev truck wheelstander running a 1200-1300hp blown alcohol 392 hemi with a TH 400.He has ran 124mph in the 1/4 on 2 wheels! I will dig up some pictures for you.

15. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

That would be great!!!!!.........Thanks Littleman

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HOLY MOLY!!! DAVE!! YOU'VE LOST YOUR MIND!!! SWEEETT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Oh... and YES! Another update on Deaths Doorstep would rule. I was actually doing to PM you and beg you for one the other day. :D

17. wicked willys

wicked willys
    from ne ohio

This project is awsome. I think you ought to please the people saying you should put the money in your 32.....................by using that body on this project. That will really get their panties in a bunch!!!!!!! Build on.

18. GasserDad

GasserDad

Awsome!!
    Hey Littlemand, good thing your in Ohio, my truck is named "WarPig".
    Also a Sabbath Fan-

19. stragedy

stragedy

Littleman,

Great project you've got going on there..
    Exactly where will the driver be sitting ? Just curious.
    What do you plan for the space normally occupied for the engine ?

Keep up the good work !

20. Ox65

Ox65

I was talking to a buddy of mine about finding a 205 here in town. He bought up a good point, Mud dragsters run a chain drive and they make 2000+HP. It might be a another option,It would be a lot lighter.

I found this with a quick search.
    http://powerproracingproducts.com/categories/63.html

21. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

kick ass dave !!! i'll be watching

22. S.F.

S.F.

going to drive from the trunk????

23. onedge

onedge

warpig====looks like nice parts! more...

24. Dave you're odd....

and I think the 40 hoods is a must do.

I'm also thinking tubular frame and I don't mean rec tubing.....also have thoughts on an atypical rear suspension.

25. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

After reading through this thread I really don't know what to say. You are in a whole new realm of invention.

I was reading a national geographic article about the first guy that climbed mount everest, Sir Edmund Hillary and found a quote that applies to you just as much as it did to him
    "We all have dreams—but (Dave) has dreams, then he's got this incredible drive, and goes ahead and does it"

Good for you for making it happen. I CAN'T wait to see the result. If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

26. Gasser57

Gasser57

Most vetically challenged folks would just use a phone book or two to see over the steering wheel, way to think "outside of the box"! It will keep your butt warm on the cool Ohio nights at the strip as well! heh,heh, looks cool Dave, hope to see ya out this summer.

27. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

If it's truely a drag car set on kill, I would scrap the pie crust idea and run M&H Racemaster 12.00-16's. The nostalgia top fuel guys are running 250MPH on these tires and they have the right look for a wrinkle wall slick.

Here is a pair mounted on 16x11 magnesium Halibrand's. They would also work on your 10" wide wheels.

[​IMG]

28. zzford

zzford

The drivers' accomidations look like the ticket to my itchy hemmiroids.

29. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

There's something not right with this Littleman fellow.

Must be why we like him so much!

Keep us up to date Dave.

30. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Am I he only one here who is wondering how hot that 1/4 mi. ride is going to be - as brief as it might be.

Maybe I have mis-read this - but you are planning to ride shotgun with that thing, right? Or in front /adjacent to it?

What are the rules in regard to that type of arrangement, do you know?

At this point I am more concerned with how safe you'd be than what it'll look like. It will be quite an amazing feat to pull off both a safe and good looking ride...

...I'm going to bet money that the coupe body will find another use.