Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mocking up the 24.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellbilly_Buzzard, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

Well I can't say I got much done today but Chucklehead_Al and I mocked up my '24. I got excited seeing how it is going to look. Figuring out how to set up the chasis so when those last few suspension pieces get to the door we can do some real work!!!

Crease it will be on the road soon as promised.

Attached Files:

2. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

pic2

Attached Files:

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

what kinda body izzat?

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

That car IS in the weeds.

Frank

5. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

[ QUOTE ]
    what kinda body izzat?

[/ QUOTE ]

1924 Ford C-cab minus the cab.

6. Crease

Crease

Cool! Your alreay 10 times further alomg than I would be by now. Im a bit biased, but that's a pretty clean body. You guys welding up a frame? If you haven't figured out the low dollar trick, you can buy 3x2 scrap at Ashley really cheap. I think it's safe to say you'll have the only C cab hot rod in San Antonio. The opened wheeled stuff is an absolute blast. Keep us posted.

7. HRH

HRH

Please leave the seat in the stock location and pad the shit out of it [​IMG]

8. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Yo HRH where ya been, can't call nobody..Crease Kev. got the steel from Ashley's you can't see it but it's there!
    HRH I may need help with welding something on my 30-model-A.. This was just a mock up to see where everything should be before Kev. cut any steal, this T has alot of potential..

9. Rusty

Rusty

Sweet. Stance is going to be awesome

10. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

HRH,

I thought about leaving the seat there. It would make a good place to store the battery and a cooler for those 2nd Saturdays at the Hangin' Tree. If I can get it a bit lower to clear the important items mentioned above then I will. Unless I score a set of Bomber seats..... A lot depends on where that driveshaft is going to run through.

I also was looking to hire your services. I don't trust me and my pro-mig135 on the chassis. Your shop??? My House??? I am getting ready to drop a 220 line in the garage. [​IMG]

11. Crease

Crease

The drive shaft should be about neck height or so. [​IMG]

12. El_Gato_Scott

El_Gato_Scott
    from So. Tex.

Kev,

Mighty fine. The mock-up looks great. Are you going with the inline 6 on this one? Still keeping the '37 too?? Is your ol' lady cool with all the vintage iron layin' around the joint? Man, I hope my line on that '28 model A comes through. It would be cool to have a couple of pre-war cars in the club. I'll let you know when I hear about it next...maybe we could take a ride out to "area X" [​IMG] to take a look at it...hehehe. Remember it has to be extracted from that tree [​IMG]

See you down the road!

Adios,

Buzz '54

13. Crease

Crease

Where's this tree at? I've been lookin for a nice tree. [​IMG]

14. El_Gato_Scott

El_Gato_Scott
    from So. Tex.

I'll tell ya once I seal the deal...until then "mum's" the word. Besides, you already have a couple of cool rides...let someone else have a chance...hehehe [​IMG]

Adios,

Buzz '54

15. Crease

Crease

I have a major thing for A's. I wish you luck on sealing the deal. We need a few more REAL hot rods in town. What body style is it?

16. Crease

Crease

BTW that's a motivated little six. She really moved out in Laura's shoe box. That thing should be a hell of alot of fun in the 1/4.

17. El_Gato_Scott

El_Gato_Scott
    from So. Tex.

Crease,

I haven't even seen the mofo yet. I have a business relationship with the landowner and we got to talking about cars and I asked him if he ever saw any old tin on the properties around his...he told me there was something with 1928 plates on his property. It has been parked in one spot for many years and now there is a small tree growing through the floor boards. So I have no idea if we're dealing with a coupe or a PU or what...but it almost doesn't matter to me. If it's got a top on it but it's in bad shape...we'll turn it into a roadster or something. I'm hoping the guy will let me have it if I remove it from the tree...we'll see. Kev will definitely have to help me with the extraction. Maybe we could turn it into a San Antonio HAMB outing...hehehe [​IMG]

Adios,

Buzz '54

18. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

[ QUOTE ]
    The drive shaft should be about neck height or so. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am thinking it is going to be pretty high, pretty close to the top of the car. I really need to get over to BARNETT's and take some measurements!!! Well, no one said hotrods are supposed to be comfortable. [​IMG]

19. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

Thanks Scotty.

No the old lady is actually pretty cool about the cars. She wants me to get one done for a couple of reason. To get back to work on the house and so she can have my Olds. If you score the "A", is Stace stealing the '54? You know how old ladies are sometimes!!!! [​IMG]

I actually go a lot done on the '36 also. Frame is stripped cleaned and blacked.

Yep that 6 will be there, I can't wait to see what that bad boy will do in that little T. Heard nothing but good stories. Another thing that will be fun is the fact that the carbs will be right in the line of sight!!!

20. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a major thing for A's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a major thing for T's and A's [​IMG]

21. HRH

HRH

I'd be definately up for some welding, what are you going to build the frame out of??? Probably the simplest way would just be to build one out of 2x3 box steel. Either way is fine it just seems that building one that way has it's benefits over the stock frames and modifing them. What rearend are you going to use? I might have a 40 I could free up. You all just need to come by the shop and check it out and I'll show you what I am doing with my A

Give me a call 210 378 4886

Alex the only # I have for you is some old lady that doesnt speak a lick of english! And here I thought you dated a hot asian chick!!! [​IMG]

22. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

I just tried to call no answer. Oh well

I am going to run 2X3 boxed 11 ga for the frame. "Z" the front and rear. Definately gusset the 2 interior 90's on the rear for the high kick up. 11 ga or 7 ga(might be too much) not sure which, plate side gusset over the "Z"s Front will be with 11 ga of 7 ga 3" round with a speedway spring perch.

I have a 9" right now but would rather save that for the 454 going in the '36. I would be interested in the 40 rear.

Where is the shop? When are you there?

23. HRH

HRH

Sorry I didn't answer, I'm in class right now!

I'll be at te shop around 12:30. I'm on Tradesman Dr. which is over by I-10 and 1604 on the northwest side of town. If you are coming to the shop take 10 west and exit UTSA blvd. follow the axis road around onto 1604 towards 281 (stay on the axis road) and take a right after the railroad tracks. It will be the 7th building on the right. I share the building with Artisan Auto. I'm all the way to the back

15387 Tradesman

Give me a call around 12:30 and I'll be there

24. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Yo man ya making fun of my jefita (moms).. [​IMG]
    J/k man, my #912-4505 celly...
    I'll call ya drop by the shop tommorow if your up for company..

25. HRH

HRH

ya'll are always welcome to stop by the shop whenever. After next week I'll be there pretty much from dawn til dusk trying to get this thing rolling and make a descent income. Then I'll be spending the rest of my time getting the tudor ready for next seasons events

26. BPD

BPD

That is going to be one sweet ride Hellbilly.

And Damn, I had no idea there were so many HAMBers right here in San Antonio.

27. Crease

Crease

Buzzard 54,

Count me in on the "HAMBstraction". I'll be there.

BPD,

I apologize, missed your intro (just read it). To the best of my knowledge we haven't met. Welcome to the HAMB! Hope to see you around some time soon. What part of town you in? There's actually quite a few HAMBers in SA. Barnett got me addicted.

28. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

[ QUOTE ]

J/k man, my #912-4505 celly...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? Or are you giving out Ben Crumley's phone number again!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]