Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Mocked-Up '32

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Mocked-Up '32

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

AHotRod likes this.
  2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

My first inclination as far as color is something dark. But your idea of "arrest me" red could be cool. The interior idea is definitely a good one. Now to see what the owners ideas are.

3. Altho I'm a blackwall guy,I love the look.Clean simple and good stance.A hot rod for sure.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I ignored the white walls on mags. ;)

need louvers ? likes this.

5. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

A nice car, but it always jangles and bugs my eye when the rear wheels don't fit inside the rear wheel body line.

WillyKJr, sodbuster and belair like this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Totally passable on a 60's era hot rod in my opinion...

And this... Personally, I think you can get away with this on a competition styled car. In fact, it's almost a feature in my book.

But yeah, I feel ya.

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  7. louisb

louisb

I like it. Drive it like it is and enjoy it. Paint and chrome won't make it run any faster.

--louis

8. Paint it,,nah,I'm a primer guy from way back,hence the moniker...HOTRODPRIMER,,I can't see anything wrong with it except my name is not on the title! HRP

9. AHotRod

AHotRod

Competition Coupes have always been my favorite.
    It's "Spot-On" !

10. brady1929

brady1929

Love it. Leave it and drive it.

11. DAM! Ryan ya got a great eye for some cool shit my friend.....I dig it.....Now drive the crap out of it.

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No, Bryan Rusk does... He shot it... I love his stuff.

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

like this...Rodders Journal car...forget the year

deuce15-1.jpg

volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

As much as I like red, I think a metallic midnight blue would look really good on this machine. Yeah, and I'd hit the pipes with some VHT white paint, too. Black button-tuffed interior and you'd be good to go.

62hotcat and gwhite like this.
  15. 1929rats

1929rats

This car is Killer....I LOVE the wide whites on the Radirs on this one....Love the channel job....very similar to what I'd build if I was doing a 32 5w.....I'd keep the red oxide for a while too....it just looks too cool to change anything at the moment....just my .02

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Here is another example of a red channeled 32 fiver…my old coupe.
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. That car is all kinds of awesome....as it stands....and then some !! Who cares if it's ever done ?? Then again, why not dream ?? Luscious, vigorous 3D Technicolor never hurt anyone.......in fact that may well define the term...."horny". Especially for this one. Vroom, vroom !

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. belair

belair

I'm with Strange Days on the wheel well/body arch line, but what a cool car. Sometimes perfection is too cookie cutter. That car is its' own cat.

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I agree...I like to see about a fist distance between top of tire and top of wheelwell...my .02.

P1013229[1].jpg

kidcampbell71, enloe and J.Ukrop like this.
  20. Prime reason why we build hot rods,no two are alike! HRP

volvobrynk and 3wLarry like this.
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Add a FULL HOOD and it would be perfect in my book, and garage. Bob

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. Things should get a bit more involved with channel than just chopping the floor out of the way of the frame. . Getting a wider rear end and letting the body nestle down between the tires doesn't sit well with me and reminds me of something like a 3 year old wearing daddy's boots. It's cute but all I wanna do is laugh.
    . image.jpg

Chopping the 1/4s up and raising the wheel well is no easy task. But there's a certain look that this will bring the 32.
    Doing that monumental amount of work takes a car to the next level and its usually reserved for the higher level cars.
    image.jpg
    When I see cars with these two characteristics it certainly doesn't make me excited.

So lets fix that.

I like the basic level stance up to the belt line, id do slight wedge chop.

I do like the red on this one.
    I could also see this in a light mint green with spartan black interior, chrome steering column, pedals and window garnish. If the white walls stay then it should have a white firewall and top insert.

Attached Files:

23. Great spin on this one, Ryan. I think we all like seeing cars as they're in progress. It allows us a glimpse into the builder's mind and a chance for us to envision the final product with our own personal touches.

I know Roger has plans for a healthy dose of chrome. Beyond that, it's either up in the air or top secret. Whatever the recipe, I can assure you it will be driven hard (like all of his cars) and it will rule.

volvobrynk and HEMI32 like this.
  24. I vote NO on painting it red .... Red Deuce Coupes are "belly button cars" ... or so I've been told! :rolleyes: :D

Our chopped (2.5") & channeled (6" front, 8+" rear) Deuce 5wd Coupe circa 1964:

HEMI32 Coupe - 1964 (photo by Bruce Olson).jpg
    • 1956 Cadillac "Mandan Red" lacquer by Art Billings
    • Molded (bobbed Model A) rear fenders
    • Custom aluminum hood by Jack Hagemann Sr.
    • Front: American Racing Equipment (magnesium) LeMans series Torq Thrust on whitewalls
    • Rear: American Racing Equipment (magnesium) Torq Thrust on Bruce's "pie crust" slicks
    NOTE: The drilled & chromed front-end, chrome Sanderson headers, etc. didn't come until 1971.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  25. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

This is a car we built to be the car I'd have had when I was young( If I'd have had money, time, and ability). Its channeled almost 6 inches.. no chop. Note that the wheel still fits the opening. It really makes a lot of difference to the eye. It also has mags with whitewalls (up front) Back in the day it was almost impossible to find a mag style wheel wide enough for a slick.
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Always think it's kind of dumb to nit pick a Hot Rod into high buck perfection, but on this car the wheel well fit would make it work much better. Can always worry about the paint in ten years or so.

27. I'd like to have a Plymouth quarter and ford quarter on the same bench to check them out

28. missysdad1

missysdad1

Sorry. I'm a child of the '60s and I still don't get it. Why would one intentionally build a '60s-flavor car with all its intentional awkwardnesses when the selfsame body and frame could be fashioned into a graceful, well-proportioned hot rod with no more effort. I know, I know. Opinions vary...

29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Candy red over a gold base with maybe a little bit of fine silver flake White firewall with some gauges mounted in it. lots of chrome.
    THAT WOULD BE BAD ASS INDEED:)
    Even more than now:)

30. AmishMike

AmishMike

Builder should please himself ( & budget ) - paint, wheel arch, rims - whatever. How does anyone tune Hilborn injection to run decent on the street????? Dare I mention a conversion to Hilborn + EFI???

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.