Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mobtown Greaseball, Baltimore

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy57dude, Aug 20, 2018.

1. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lot of competition for your date with Wildwood boardwalk the same weekend.

alphabet soup likes this.
  2. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another great Greaseball! Thanks again to the Karb Kings for pulling it off in the new location. The field was a little soft due to overnight rains but very manageable. Nice group of cars showed up and having an air conditioned place to sit and eat was a huge plus. See you next year!

3. Great day with the Karb Kings. As much as I liked the Moose Lodge location, I think this VFW thing will work out OK.:D..........Really nice turnout of cars.

4. We need photos!!!

chryslerfan55 and chevy57dude like this.
  5. I believe some of the more talented and prolific photographers will be posting some soon. I did take one. I tried to get this lady to give me her number, but alas, I couldn't even get her to talk to me.:eek: 20180922_100747.jpg

6. I did take one more that I forgot. 28 of us met up a few miles from the show so we could be reasonably assured of parking together..... 20180922_072059.jpg

7. Don, I hope your entourage made it home safely. Including the dude with alternator belt issues in his truck. Great to finally meet you! Here's another '40, also on the HAMB I believe. IMG_20180922_112724149_HDR.jpg

8. IMG_20180922_125459751_HDR.jpg IMG_20180922_130014762_HDR.jpg IMG_20180922_130558625_HDR.jpg
    Some of the many fine engines today.

drivewaycustoms, hrm2k, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  9. IMG_20180922_131009087_HDR.jpg IMG_20180922_131022695_HDR.jpg
    Get your AG fix!

Attached Files:

10. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's some of my happy snaps...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ................It was good to meet you and the wife as well, Steve. That's Andy's flamed '40. He's driven it across country a number of times and just got back from driving it to Bonneville.:)

12. Lots of nice cars...

13. The Queen referred to this as the "Jack Nicolson bike". IMG_20180922_132253450_HDR.jpg

14. Nice shots, Steve. Thanks for posting.

chevy57dude and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think with the turnout, a larger venue would be great. It was my first time there, and ended up parking outside. Among probably 50 other cars. Super nice choice of really nice cars. Only real downside was getting rear ended on the trip home. Game over for the season.

lothiandon1940 and chevy57dude like this.
  16. Mcsfabricaion -
    Man, that sucks. If you can stomach thinking about it again, let us know what happened.

17. Hate to hear the bad news, especially after I encouraged you to attend.

mcsfabrication likes this.
  18. Mcs - what time did you get there? At 11:00 the lot was almost full. Had I known, we would have been there an hour earlier.

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got there right about 11:00. Saw your '57 pulling in around the giant tree stump Nice car for sure. Sounds great! Saw Lothian's '40 also. Parked close to the old Tommy's deuce. Great to see some of the HAMB cars. Got a pretty good crunch on the right rear, deck lid, quarter panel, bumper and bracket, right rear fender and tail light. Kinked the rear of the body enough to now have a jammed and twisted deck lid. Not happy, but fixable. Lets see how his insurance does, and how well Grundy fights for me. Good time to finish up the season, and finally paint the bloody thing. LOTHIAN, IT"S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!! Ha ha. Haven't scared me off, I'll try again next year....................Shiny. Cool gathering.

20. Looks like a good time. You guys must have had better weather then here. looked like rain at any moment all day, so I worked on the coupe instead of getting her out.:mad: Sorry to hear of the rear end mishap , hope it works out ok. Thanks to Steve , Don, and everybody for the pics. :)

21. ....I left home at about 5:45am, got about 12 miles up the road and the heavens opened up. Rain, increasing in velocity, and me with no wipers and no Rain-ex on the windshield. I was committed at that point so decided to forge on. Still dark and drizzling when I reached our rendezvous point on Hawkins Point Road @ the Citgo station. It finally stopped by the time we reached the show at about 7:45. Turned out to be a great day, partial overcast with little sunshine and a nice breeze. Perfect weather for this old guy.

22. .............Feel so bad for you. It's the kind of thing that worries me everytime I go anywhere in a hot -rod. Keep us in the loop. I would really appreciate hearing how Grundy treats you.

23. Great day that started off a little rainy but that quickly passed. We had a pretty good sized group meet to cruise to the show. I put a few photos up in a file below the photos below. Enjoy!
    DSC05191.JPG DSC05261.JPG DSC05901.JPG DSC06016.JPG

The others are here:
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/stylelinefortynine/qLfzGv

24. Nice work, Mike. You were very busy.:)

mad mikey and FortyNiner like this.
  25. Back up. Any news about 2021?:)

chevy57dude and Scooterville like this.