Register now to get rid of these ads!

mo' doors = mo' fun?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fast41, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck Carman

Chuck Carman

I think it's cool and I totally agree with you. Your car should be the way you like it.

2. bobjob55

bobjob55

I have been searching for a long time for a 4 door project... I have no use for a 2 door..I can't stand them .. way too hard to get into back seat,, cramped ,, ect...finally found mine in my moms garage..my nephew got the car just for the motor-trans ,, and it was too much of a project for him.. NOW IT'S mine ..A super rare 48 dodge town sedan special ,, with a 3 1/2" chop ,,nova front clip,, dual headlites... still a long ways to go.. pictures that are painted are photoshopped..

Attached Files:

3. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

^ that car is too sick!

4. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

5. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This guy could possibly be interested in a trade. He has PM'd you about your car.
    Baron

[​IMG]

6. 31choppedfordorA

31choppedfordorA
    from canada

Joee , I really like the look of your car . nice work ! That is pretty much the look I am going for with my 31 , did you keep your back seat ?

7. Though it would be a lot of work, anyone considered or seen a 4-dr where front doors are lengthened, and rear doors shortened but remain functioning? If the rear door handles were shaved, you'd have the look and proportions of a two door and the convenience of a four door. Would only work with certain makes/models.

Yeah, yeah I know it would be more work than converting a 4 to 2 door but it would be different and much easier to get young kids with their booster seats in the back.

8. Though it would be a lot of work, anyone considered or seen a 4-dr where front doors are lengthened, and rear doors shortened but remain functioning? If the rear door handles were shaved, you'd have the look and proportions of a two door and the convenience of a four door. Would only work with certain makes/models.

Yeah, yeah I know it would be more work than converting a 4 to 2 door but it would be different and much easier to get young kids with their booster seats in the back.

9. Great!....a support group. Here are ours...now I just need some friends to put in back.....:D

Attached Files:

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More doors can be fun, along time friend of the family (RIP Shawry) had, well now the family own it, a very bitchin T touring 4 door. It can be seen in the original Mad Max movie, when the Goose takes off from the club at night its the T with a brass flamed 'highlight' on the grill shell an a blown 351. I spent a lot of time in that car and have a lot of great memory's in it. All of them because its a 4 door and could take more than a 2 door could.
    This is the best pic I could find of it.

[​IMG]

This car has been on the road longer than I have been alive, its gone through many changes in its time but its never visually changed much it was always the same car. A true hot rod, on the road since day one and driven more miles than most daily driver's.
    I love this car.

Doc.

11. tommy v

tommy v

now thats funnys right there :confused:

12. brandoni

brandoni

My 52

Attached Files:

13. DIRTY_WHITE_BOY

DIRTY_WHITE_BOY
    from Tennessee

With four children,four doors are the only option.And affordable!!! I really enjoy not having to get out or pull the seat up to board passengers. Gus

Attached Files:

14. Kustom Dick

Kustom Dick
    from Finland

15. Four door suck.
    Here's mine.

Attached Files:

16. thecruger

thecruger

Here is my 4 door .. 51 Dodge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i luv it.. and it gets plenty of attention..

17. bobjob55

bobjob55

is that ALL of the 4 doors ?? there must be a lot more here ... lets see more .....

18. Philbilly

Philbilly

19. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I really like it. The little caps look great on these cars, but they're way less common than the full-disc wheelcover. Maroon is always nice looking on a car of this era too.

-Dave

20. bobjob55

bobjob55

it may not fit here ,,,but Porsche just came out with a 4 door sport car .. top speed on the track is 188 miles a hour !!! 500 horses ...looks good too .. must cost a bunch of green backs ... sure makes me wish i had way too much cash on hand ...

21. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

*yawn* would rather have a corvette

22. 1320/150

1320/150

can I play? Never thought i would like a 4 door,but its growing on me!!

[​IMG]

23. roadworthy'49

roadworthy'49

all the trim is in the back seat, bodywork and paint is coming soon, along with new glass weatherstripping and interior...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Eight433

Eight433

Yay! Another chance to pic whore!
    [​IMG]

I actually like this particular car better in a 4 door than a 2 door... It seems about 2 feet longer :D
    Now it just needs to be two feet LOWER! ;)

25. BobLove

BobLove

Definitely more fun and easier for long cruises.
    DodgeRod.jpg

26. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

your car rocks, in case you didnt catch that lol

27. Eight433

Eight433

Thanks. I really appreciate that. A LOT of people looked at me like I'm crazy when I told them I sold my supped up fox body mustang for something lower and slower. What can I say. I'm a guy that knows what I like :D

I cringe every time I look at it though. Those truck rims won't allow me to put the original hub caps on, and the lug nuts wont allow me to put the TRUCK hub caps on either! :mad:
    Oh well... some tasteful 18 inch 5 spokes will be on it Tuesday. :)

28. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

my wagon is the same. front wheels are proper, back ones are different, oh well. glass black wheels it is then!

29. Choptop57

Choptop57

My 57 more-door! :D

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.