Register now to get rid of these ads!

MN barn find.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trent_A, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Trent_A

Trent_A

A few week ago we went for a snowmobile ride and came across this old farm yard and found this Model A. The old guy that owns the property lives in a shack down the road and is loaded, he tells us it’s the kids (grandsons) and doesn’t want to sell it. I don’t think they even know about it or even care about it. It has been sitting there for a wile. I’m trying to save up some more Coin in a few months. Then go over and ask the old guy if he wants to sell it again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

change date on camera or change story.

3. red steering wheel ,and i can't see the parking brake lever next to the shifter.........early `28

4. its got the thumb buster e brake all right
    and look at the aristocrat dash (yeah thas probably spelled wrong)
    tk

5. Trent_A

Trent_A

yep I knew I was going to catch some crap for the date beeing off.

6. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

That would be a good one to restore. I had a AA truck with a red steering wheel and wire wheels once. Lippy

7. fargoguy

fargoguy

Parking brake handle's visible beside the gearshift, making it a late 28 or 29. Appears to have accessory guage panel though, but the wrong steering wheel.

8. yeah , i see the parking brake lever now.....and i missed that gauge panel. damn Korbel.

that would be a good one to get your hands on. did the old guy buy it new? a friend of mine restored a `28 tudor that came from the original owner...he got it as a high school graduation present. the old coot stopped in one time , the stories he told of his adventures in it was amazing.

FWIW, my camera date is never correct either.

9. JRRoberts

JRRoberts
    from Madison WI

Looks like a good one to buy!

10. henryj429

henryj429

Geez, that old snowmobile it damn near as classic as the car.

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Good lord, was that barn built by Lewis and Clark?

12. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

neat find,, keep on it..

13. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

hook some chains to that snow mobile and drag that motha out.... just joking. The guy my friend bought his model A off of had a similar story about it being "the grand sons" car. 2 weeks later and only $500 we were towing it back from El Centro. Helps to be a border patrol, you get to sneak around peoples barns, and tell 'em you're looking for illegals but really looking for cars.....haha! flash some cash I guarantee he'll budge soon.

14. What a great day for a snowmobile ride....Very cool (barn) building, let alone find a super nice Model A....John

15. havi

havi

Lotsa old barns like that around up here, too. Haven't found a Model A yet, though. Nice find, hope he sells!

16. S.F.

S.F.

wow cool find, better get it out of there before the building falls down on it.

17. great find, good luck with the old boy.

18. The old girl sure looks solid. Bet your heart rate went up when you took a look inside the shed .

19. Rooney00

Rooney00

Damn that's a find!

20. Wowcars

Wowcars

You're in GREENBUSH?!?!?! Most of my family lives up by Oklee! My uncle and I are always out that way looking for tin, but haven't found that yet!