Register now to get rid of these ads!

misused discriptions that irritate or annoy you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  2. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

1) i agree---it's sad that they couldn't spell it right. But, i'm curious. Did the drawing go through for this camero? Did they sell enough tickets to get some support?

2) Did you buy a ticket?

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I worked on a couple of, a 1919 75hp and a 1929 40hp, Case steam traction engines recently.

One was rolling 50's and the other 72's, and both were ridin' high.

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I doubt it. Steam rises. Does a power roller really roll power? Should be easier to find out as you can still find power rollers around. Then we can work on finding out if steam shovels really shovel steam.

5. dan750bf

dan750bf
    from seatle, wa

my favorite is 'RAT ROD'. just because it's flat black, it's automatically a rat rod?

6. How about the ebay ads where the seller can only muster the time to write one sentence about the car or part he's selling, but then has a 4000 word diatribe about his terms and what he will or won't do. Also the ones that cut & paste a giant history they found on the net about the 4 door yahoomobile rotbox they're selling as if it will somehow add value to it.

7. edweird

edweird

it has a little bit of southern rust. WTF

8. boomosby

boomosby

the one i just loveis, "427 4 speed car" as a title, the the descriptnyion says " no console, motor or tranny or seats. so really its just a body..??

9. supercharged_scottsman

supercharged_scottsman
    from Galveston

Yea those are great and some don'rt even apply to friggen car they are selling!

10. supercharged_scottsman

supercharged_scottsman
    from Galveston

Even better are the ads that have a picture showing the car with no engine, however never mention that fact in text and only write about the engine it originaly had!:confused:

11. Albie

Albie

Too funny. Lot of those in the local Craigslist. Booger welds and bondo.

12. r8odecay

r8odecay

I saw one recently that said:

"No moter or trans, runs great, "

Wtf?

13. 61bone

61bone

One wants to be careful about kicking the tires in person. When one of those "new" tires, that were actually installed in 1984 blows, it can do serious damage to your foot.

14. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

HAHAHA that has to be my favorite! :D

15. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

It might have been on here already but refering to stainless pieces as chrome. "All the chrome trim is nice". Yeah because it's stainless and someone straightened and polished it.

16. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Aluminum Racing Jack.
    WTF? Who actually races a jack? Being lightweight has nothing to do with racing.

17. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

18. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

Same type of person who asks for big money, but can't be troubled to pull the car out of the dark garage for photo taking. :cool:

19. burgetts99

burgetts99
    from Cincinnati

"Mechanic's special" and "needs a little TLC" are great also.

20. Been watching American Chopper.
    I know, but it's good for a laugh.
    Pauly snr cracks me up.
    Talking about his mothers Coupe de ville 2 door.
    They make them with more than 2?
    Then carries on about someone being used as an
    escape goat .. WTF ....
    The guy is the height of intelligence..

21. supercharged_scottsman

supercharged_scottsman
    from Galveston

I really like the fellas that have re-listed the same POS car every day, sometimes multiple times a day, for the past six months and never changes the ad or lowers the price!:confused:

We all know this is a piss poor time to sell a car and I understand some folks need to off load "projects" for some quick cash - but if you haven't sold the car with that ad or at that price after all that time...dude either take it off the web or lower the price. Or something different!:rolleyes:

22. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

"came out of a running car" ... When was it last running, 1947?

Another of my favorites is " I would help, but..."
    So in other words you aren't gonna help at all.

23. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Thank you, I am a paver and I get the "steam roller" crap all the time from, guess who, government inspectors. I have been paving for over 20 yrs and I have never owned or seen a steam roller.

24. jbristow

jbristow
    from ohio

My favorite: "restoration is 90% complete".

25. I was carless at Cruising on King (in Kitchener, Ontario) this past summer. Was walking around taking in the sites and smells, checking out the cars... Admiring a 70 (?) Cuda that was sitting next to a Olds 442 (I know, I know, both OT cars). There was a guy next to me with his young son, and I overheard him tell his son that 442 stood for "4 wheels, 4 speed, 2 doors". I really had to bite my tongue.

Then he walked up next to me and started telling me about how when he was growing up, the only thing people raced were 'Cuda's just like this' and that 'nothing could beat them' ... guy couldn't have been older than 40, but that's another story.

26. This also bugs the hell out of me! If you can't be bothered to write up a full description of your car and add a couple dozen photos, since I usually can't get over to physically see it, why should I bother wasting my time even looking. If you're too lazy to sell, then I'm too lazy to buy.

27. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

"Volts" for "amps", and vice versa.

28. dutched32

dutched32

I have to agree "gasser" is so miused I can't stand hearing everybody building a so called gasser because the front end is jacked up but still use pump fuel.

29. cloned clown

cloned clown

"Purchased new by the original owner" cracks me up every time I see/hear it! :D

30. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Originally Posted by boneyardratz [​IMG]
    How about a 400 big block Chevy its a 402
    Actually, 400 big block is not a misuse, even though it is really a 402. Chevrolet did install a BBC engine in cars in the early 70s that was labeled "400". It was installed in full-size cars and non-SS Malibus.
    FYI, in the years where both 400 small blocks and 400 big block were marketed, they were offically called by Chevrolet:
    "400 4-Barrel" = 402 big block
    "400 2-barrel" = 400 small block

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.