Register now to get rid of these ads!

Missing The Old Days And The Old Ways

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by choke, Dec 15, 2008.

1. choke

choke

It sure is nice to see that our hot rod past are being kept alive by the younger generations. I'm 55 years young, so I still remember when it wasn't illegal to cruise your hot rod friday night all night on the main drag without getting hassled by the MAN. Unless of course you did something stupid! I miss standing on the starting line at Fremont watching cars going down the strip. Can't do that anymore. You can barely see them over the cement retaining walls now. I remember when you could build a pretty cool gasser coupe for around $10,000 complete. And be able to afford to race it! I paid $250.00 for an all steel 41 willys coupe body back then! Things were just more fun. Through the help of this board your building a brotherhood that'll bring back that feeling of community and our obsession with steel, burning rubber, and speed we all share. I thank you for accepting me to this board and looking foward to meeting new people!!!!

2. Welcome....while you're not really an Old Fart (yet), it seems like you have the right attitude to join our Old Farts Social group here on the HAMB. Over 100 guys & gals with the same passion for the real good old days.

3. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Welcome...I lived in Sebastopol and Santa Rosa for about 18 years. Really miss it out there.

4. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Welcome from colorado!

5. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

6. Zombo

Zombo
    1. oHIo

7. HotRod33

HotRod33

welcome to the hamb from st louis.....I never did anything stupid with my cars....or at least I didn't think it was at the time......

8. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Choke

I've seen photos of your work on Mick Coyne's Willys and he just shared some of the work you are doing on a 33 Willys. Young man you are one awesome fabricator. The rest of the Gas FX yahoo group thinks so too. :D

9. smittystoys

smittystoys

amen brother .....nothing like it im 51 drove a 57 nomad to high school in the 70s the kids now dont know what they are missing ....those were the good old days...but it doesnt mean we still cant have a little fun!!!

10. Welcome from North Texas. I am only 32, but I can remember going with older friends when we used to be able to cruise. thankfully our hobby isn't dying, it is alive and very well.