Register now to get rid of these ads!

MISSING PERSON

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by wbrw32, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

KQQL -n- GQQD for him.... for me he'd be worth the LD phone call...

Gary Reynolds likes this.
  2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

He could get back on to lurk if he wanted to, but he would have to get to the Hamb from a computer with a different IP address.
    As long as he didn't try to log on as himself, he could lurk all he wanted to.

3. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He was just jealous because you found love...

kiwijeff, wraymen and flatheadpete like this.
  4. "He won't even try to get back on" doesn't sound like he wants to.

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

This is a HAMB lose not Georges.
    Pensive Scribe, I have PM'ed you my phone#ber, could you please pass that along to George please?

Gary Reynolds likes this.
  6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well when you talk to George again tell him Saltflats said high.

7. I have had problems with a few guys,and in some heated PM's I explained how easy it is for them to add my name to the ignore list,one in particular I tried to make amends for whatever I did and in a pm all I got was a FU so I added him to my list,obviously I did something wrong but when I offered a olive branch I got flipped off.

I do my best to get along with everyone,Btw...Beano,your a Idiot! :D but that's the reason I like you so much. HRP

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  8. How High or Hi? :D HRP

saltflats likes this.
  9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Now Danny I said what I meant.:D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. Yeah, it seemed like his patience with knuckleheads and the latest crop of self-proclaimed 'traditionalists' had grown pretty thin lately. I always respected his knowledge and shared more than a few of his opinions (although maybe not quite as strenuously... LOL). The sad part is he was a true critic, not an obstructionist sh!t-stirrer or troll; even if you didn't like what he said, it made you think.

I'll miss his posts (even the ones that sometimes made me wince), and hope he can possibly return another day...

11. Oh yea? Well I stick my tongue at you sir. :D

b4e1abaf9afd4ca16feb988b5856b9d1_smiley-face-tongue-out-clipart-sticking-out-tongue_463-258.gif

12. Yes when I first came here I was given a hard time. And being the thick skinned pig headed cuss that I am I gave back a good as I got. I went from a FNG to a grenade inspector In a few days and became a member in a few weeks. Too many Mamby Pamby,s in the world now.

13. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

One of only two guys on my ignore list. Now down to one.

Not my favourite guy and will not miss him at all.

14. When Beano and I joined the Hamb back in 2003 you had to have thick skin and you gave exactly what you received,the Hamb has grown and is considerably more civil today.

Combative personality's can be passionate,especially if the hamber is sitting at home,drinking and typing.

I have seen this as a cause of being shown the door. HRP

15. Well I'm telllin that you been mean to me. :D

Am I the only one left? :D Oh wait a minute if I am you can't see this.

it has got to be a tough row to hoe for a Moderator. Sometimes a heated discussion can be seen as being combative.;)

16. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Not you my friend.

17. Public Disclaimer,if I hurt your feelings I apologize, HRP

Max Gearhead and milwscruffy like this.
  18. Steffen Jobst

Steffen Jobst

But when you ignored him it's anyway not possible to miss him?

19. my feelings? Nope if you hurt my feelings I would have done this.
    donkey2.jpg

Instead of sticking my tongue at you.;)

Max Gearhead and C. John Stutzer like this.
  20. 73RR

73RR

Only if he went there as tourist the first time....

FG was a bit 'gruff', but the Hamb has 'softened' a bit since I joined in '07...the snowflakes are now everywhere it seems....

21. Special Ed

Special Ed

After he attacked Larry Watson's creative abilities and his tremendous historical influence on both hot rods and customs, I realized that ol' George was in way over his head. It was difficult to take him very seriously on any subject after that ... buh bye ... :cool:

22. Lol !
    Now a days you can speak hope and life and encouragement into someone and they get offended or their feelings hurt.

23. Yep I joined in early 2008. Things change over the course of a decade. I didn't like the new format and didn't post for a time. If I upset some of you that's just tuff. I am old and my give a durn is broken.

24. Listen here snowflakes,
    I get to decide what offends me, NOT YOU!

If I'm offended do not be so narcissistic thinking that you had anything to do with it.

trollst, Paul, kiwijeff and 2 others like this.
  25. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Ahhh, the good old days where Grim would browbeat the snot out of every FNG.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Max Gearhead likes this.
  26. I liked George and most of his posting was informative and entertaining, sometimes cringe worthy yes. However, banning guys because of flamboyant behavior may not be in the best interests of the site. A certain Chevy only website comes to mind. A decade ago the moderator started banning individuals who were outspoken and a little over the top. Thing is these guys had a huge wealth of knowledge and experience that they'd share. The site was exciting and entertaining and moved so fast that you were addicted to it and checked in several times a day and into the night so as not to miss something. They are all gone and the site barely moves and is boring, the expertise level is so low that you wouldn't bother posting a question or situation because chances are it won't get addressed, even if it does there just isn't any depth to it.

I lurked for years on this site before joining as a FNG because it seemed intimidating and really didn't want to go through a hazing. It was like if you were a FNG you had no right to post. Shortly after joining the Hamb became a kinder, gentler Hamb. which I think is for the better but I hate to see guys that contribute a lot gone.

27. The Bigger they are the harder they fall... just kidding ... Liked the guys enjoyed his insights on my posts and others...
    I'm not a angel here myself and have ruffled feathers and like wise mine also...

28. You're all paranoid....about me....

29. I've heard that from several guys,they all eventually came back for varying reasons. HRP

30. This thread is hilarious!
    As I said earlier, George was a good guy, the length of this thread kinda bears that out.
    He and I agreed on most everything, I have been online long enough to know you have to temper your words.I've been close to telling guys to F off on some gasser threads, but in fact, I enjoy the HAMB a great deal, learn a lot and have fun I otherwise would be missing. But sometimes on things like this you get to a point where you just don't give a rat's ass anymore. You just want to say F all of you.
    I suspect George got to that point!
    I get hate mail!
    Pork N Beaner and I had a huge argument a while back, ( I cannot get mad at him, he's a cool knowledgable guy), I have only two on ignore. I find it easy to just not read what doesn't interest me. Like I said, the gasser threads are mostly so lame I just skip them.
    One guy hates me with a ridiculous passion, which I find strange because we don't even know each other, because of a most trivial thing. Whatever. (He also hates my bud Roo )!
    I also get GOOD mail from people that like what I post, which is mostly photos at this point. I do APPRECIATE THAT. I also get mail from people that tell me what to do, all my failings and all my "virtues". I get mail from guys that want to "compete" with me. I get crazy shit sometimes!
    I'm a little older than George, my building days are over. I never was much good at fabricating and whatnot, now my left arm is shot, I live in an apartment ( with my wonderful wife),have few tools, drive a really fun OT new muscle car, rarely even attend shows and races anymore. THIS pisses some guys off!
    I"M SAYING ALL THIS BECAUSE, my posts are are pretty damn innocuous and I get hate mail for posting drag pictures! Pretty tame stuff!
    SO, Falcongeorge HERE'S to you, I always liked you, you are the real deal, I'll miss your posts, the HAMB ain't what it used to be, I think Ryan has other interests, HOPE You come back and see us sometime!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.