Register now to get rid of these ads!

MISSING PERSON

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by wbrw32, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gman0046

Gman0046

Just my opinion, one of the biggest issues on the HAMB today is the bumping of heads of Posers who only think they know what is Traditional with those who were actually there. Don't know Georges age but would assume he's an older guy who didn't mind expressing his opinion.

Gary

timwhit, wbrw32, jnaki and 1 other person like this.

2. Well said, he helped me out when I needed it and told me off when I needed that too......good guy in my book. He was also funny as hell.
    George, if you are reading this send me a note or text down the road, hope you still have my info. Phil

3. He's in his mid 50s as I recall. Some of us started out rough and we have actually mellowed with age, of course mellow is a relative term I suppose. :)

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

This is a forum owned and operated by an individual and his chosen helpers. It is not a democracy and is not ran like one. It is their right and choice. If they like you and what you say, you stay in. If they don't , your gone. I have been ridiculed repeatedly and even been called an idiot by one guy on here for giving my polite opinion on threads that ask for our opinion. I have always been shocked that he has not been banned. I have never said a cross word to the guy. I just chalk it up to him apparently being a close friend to the powers that be on this forum and keep my mouth shut to stay on here myself. Sometimes you just have to relent to get what's more important. I hope I don't get banned for saying this much but thought it might help others to stay calm and keep more of this from happening.

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Was also wondering where he was, thought he was on a trip to revisit Viet Nam, Cambodia or?
    One of the things I really enjoy about the HAMB is all the diff. personality's that I would not normally meet and I am not considered a "people" person! Keep loosing these character's and this site will become a very "sterile" environment.......................................

6. If it was me that called you an idiot I am friends with Ryan and he doesn't care if you call me names. hell I don't really care either, and if I called you an idiot I owe you at least one name calling. :D

Now just to be clear for the masses it may not bode well if you say bad things about my mom or my big sister. But that kind of goes without saying, mom's and big sisters are more forbidden than politics or racism here.

7. trollst

trollst

Do you think he's popular here? I do, do you think his knowledge and opinions here were popular? I do. Something tells me there are more pages coming, name another character on this board that gets this much print, maybe the mods will reconsider and just give him a slap on the pee pee. We all make mistakes.

kiwijeff, brad2v, Kan Kustom and 2 others like this.
  8. George is in his late 50's, and he and his wife have a daughter about 6-7, (she and him are in his avatar). He's a good dad, really attentive and dedicated. I am not sure if George is the primary care (fancy word for saying "stay home dad who's wife makes a shitload of $"), but if he is, I see why he posts a lot, there's only so long little kids color in their coloring books while you are wrenching (ask me how I know). But messing around online makes the day more pleasant.

I knew he was extremely knowledgable regarding automobiles, but didn't realize he owned a Vincent Black Shadow too. (That's like a '32 three window to people who don't know a lot about motorbikes). He's a curmudgeon for sure, but that's pretty cool.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Blues4U, brad2v and The37Kid like this.
  9. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

It wasn't you beaner,I promise and I wouldn't call the guy out or I would have a long time ago. I just tried to shed some light on what's required to stay on here because some think we should all be treated equal here and that is not always going to happen. I have only had this one guy repeatedly attack me and for the life of me I don't know why. I chalk it up to the old saying that you can't please everyone.

10. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

So just KIDDING ----> Poof consider yourself iggied...lol

11. There is a saying never argue with a Idiot they will drag you down to their level. However Sometimes I cant help myself. One subject that gets under my skin is when someone insist that the old peanut chevy trans that came out in 55 is a Saginaw. When its a Muncie 318. Another subject is how a PCV is confugurated. I once asked another poster how thick his skull was after explaining that you don't have to over think a PCV system. And im not fond of do gooders. especially when they like to toot their own horn. And theres this any forum must have members and be active to be able to sell advertising. So its a fine juggling act to keep everything moving foreward and not going into a gradual regression. Its not a Democracy or a Republic and the owners are the dictators who make the decisions and interpet the rules as they see fit. Don't like that ? start your own web site & forum.

brad2v, trollst and henryj1951 like this.
  12. i don't always agree with George but appreciate his passion.

"heaven for climate, hell for company" Mark Twain.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. I am not sure, I have ignored a couple of people who it was just not worth the headaches. (note if you are from SoCal and I have called you a name before it was not you :) ). If you unfollow someone you no longer see their posts. I don't know if they still see yours or not.

gawd would that be the tops, if they could still see your posts, you could unfollow someone then say bad stuff about them. Then they would see it and not be able to hurt your feelings back.

mean-devil-smiley-emoticon.gif

Just tell 'em I said, "take an aeronautical intercourse at a tumbling piece of pastry!!!!!" That'll cure 'em from sucking eggs and you'll be off the hook. ;)

wraymen likes this.
  14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I like that pork n beans guy.

15. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

That actually sounds like fun. I may try that myself . ;)

16. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't seen this much comment over a guy getting banned since Mudd got his.

kiwijeff, henryj1951 and Dooley like this.
  17. The way I look at it is there are only so many times you can walk into someones garage, tell them how shitty it has become and how stupid the people hanging out there are before you are asked to leave no matter how much good info you provide.

bct, modeleh, das858 and 6 others like this.
  18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those posers tend to get bent out of shape when you point out that their information that they threw out has errors in it. Some of these guys throw stuff out that sounds more like what Uncle Joe's drinking buddy would tell you when they stopped by and you were working on the rod out in the driveway rather than solid facts from knowledge or research.
    Personally I usually enjoyed Georges posts. I think he even pm'd me on a guy that I had written out detailed instructions on how to do something for once and the guy just didn't get it or wasn't sharp enough to follow the instructions.

brad2v likes this.
  19. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I for one liked George and will miss his contribution here. He was extremely knowledgeable, and had an almost encyclopedic memory for most things automotive related. I don't know how many times someone would post an old photo of a '50's or '60's hot rod and George would remember having seen it before, go through his magazine collection and then later post what he found here to help someone out.

Having said that, he definitely rubbed some people's fur the wrong way there is no doubt. There were many times his sarcasm and bitterness caused me to cringe. For me I chalked it up to his personality and I was willing and able to look past it. Some people here were not able to do that. The same goes for me though as well. There is one guy in particular who considers himself the final word on all things related to gassers - I simply consider him a joyless scold who is only happy if everyone else is miserable.:mad: But, thanks to George I now know how to use the ignore function and so I do!;):rolleyes:

I do hope that George would be able to do some self-reflection and perhaps have a word with the management. I suspect that if he was contrite with them he would be invited back into the fold and would be warmly welcomed by almost all. I sincerely hope that his pride would not get in the way and that he could filter some of his commentary. But...ultimately that is for him and the management to work through. If he doesn't make it back I will miss seeing him around the HAMB and I will miss his contributions.

kiwijeff, Sting Ray, brad2v and 2 others like this.
  20. Hey wait a minute, I resemble that remark. :p :D

21. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I only have two ppl on my 'ignore' list. One guy insulted my wife (BIG no-no) and the other guy...well he's on the list, too.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it comes to pissing off the posers yup. but they need smacked around a bit.

redlineracer42 likes this.
  23. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back in the day of HAMB 1.0, he would have received as much as he gave. It was no place for the weak, if you said you were from RRT, you had no chance of survival. Some of the trolling was absolutely hilarious, but, that was when the interwebz was young and a lot like 4chan.

24. It may be just me but it seemed like his posts got more bitter as time went on for the last year and sometimes turned into borderline ranting. We had PM'ed each other a couple months ago with me suggesting he chill out a bit for every-bodies sake, I'll let you guess how that turned out. We are within a couple months in age and joined here within a couple months of each other also. He did seem to know his stuff, just had a condescending way of posting it from time to time. Wish him well and hope he actually gets something running now.

25. Steffen Jobst

Steffen Jobst

I like Mr. Falcon George. He helped me with informations about headders. Sended me catalogue scans etc...
    ----
    What I never understand ist this ignore thing.
    Reading is a voluntary thing. If you don't like what you read - stop. It's like watching TV - change the channel.
    And also if you don't like what people say - I think it's always important to have the possibility to see another opinion.
    I've never ignored someone.
    Perhaps I'm also one of these young idiots that want to tell what's traditional, but I only ask when I see something that I think that is not traditional.
    And in most cases here a freindly guys that explain it to me.
    That's why I'm here and it's sad for everybody that get's lost to give good input in such a forum.

26. I am not sure how many are in my ignore list. Two that I can think of were one guy that said things about me that I had go google to find out what they meant. The other was a guy that decided to send me hate mail about something I had said and even after I apologized for him being butt hurt continued to send me hate mail for about a week. Hell he may still be sending me hate mail for all I know.

George on the other hand I would never bother blocking. You could tell him to do something that was anatomically impossible (well at least for me it would be) and he was right back to being your friend the next time you posted.

That said, I am not privy to why he got banned, and it really doesn't concern me. maybe it will sort itself out and maybe it won't. If it does that is a good thing, right?

27. I always figure if you didn't like me you wouldn't bother pointing out that I screwed something up. You do like me right?
    Oh wait a minute this thread isn't about me is it. ;)

Some of my closest HAMB friends have suggested that I should have a very close intimate encounter with myself at least once. Actually the king of gibberish once went off on one of his rants on me and when I said, "What???" he said in very plane English that I may like farm animals. I actually saved that post in a file on my old computer. I figured that it made me "special" :D

28. Ya.... Falcon is the real deal!!! MOST... can not handle that.....

Steffen Jobst and trollst like this.
  29. I just talked to George on the phone. He is alive and well, just banned. He is enjoying life and has gotten more done on his cars than he has in a long time. He mentioned something about a misunderstanding and a conspiracy, but that part was a little fuzzy. He actually says they did him a favour and life wasn't as good as it is now in witness protection. He said he won't even try to get back on, because most of the right people have his contact info. He cannot even log on to lurk, so he cannot read this thread. Tread lightly and keep the traditional faith.

30. squirrel

squirrel

He could lurk if he wanted to, you don't need to log on to the HAMB to read it.

Glad he's moved on...and is getting stuff done on his cars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.