Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Missing JustSteve today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsir, Jun 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Roadsir

Roadsir

Missing my big brother a lot today..... Hard to believe it's been 13 years since he passed. His kids are grown men, Beck is doing well, Parents are doing well, life moves on.

So, for everyone that knew Steve have an extra one in his honor this weekend!

Fuck Cancer and Fuck MS too for that matter. Anyone fighting either of these diseases you are my hero! IMG_0363.JPG

Chucky, Budget36, Kan Kustom and 18 others like this.
  2. Roadsir

Roadsir

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will Do that @Roadsir...Anniversaries have a way of tugging at the Heart and this is one of those...Condolences...

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

memories can be fantastic, and sometimes can be a weight that is hard to bear - your Brother was taken way too soon - hang in there, your family here is behind you

5. Roadster, I can relate, my sincerest condolences.
    Memories are all we have left, I'll never forget, as I'm sure you won't as well.
    Keith

6. Eric....I miss him too. We didn't spend a lot of time together but {Just} Steve was a hard worker and a class act.

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

While I never met Steve I always enjoyed his work through the magazine pages.

He seemed like my kind of guy and I kind of related to what he was doing.

I know that you don’t really know someone through that sort of context but I felt that had we met we may have been friends.

I think it’s great that you have his car and that he lives on in your memories.

8. Deuces

Deuces

9. 34Larry

34Larry

Condolences, from me also. While I never met or knew your brother, I know only to well the lost of closer than close family member, I lost my middle daughter to state Dr. prescribed meds. in 2017. Its said that time heals, B.S. nothing heals that pain.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Enjoyed his work. He was taken far too soon.

11. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Didn't have the pleasure of meeting him but I'll raise one to him!

Nicholas Coe and loudbang like this.
  12. Chris and I were reminiscing about Steve at the wedding. Anyone that knew him misses him.

13. Roadsir

Roadsir

Thank you everybody. Appreciate the thoughts!

loudbang likes this.
  14. scoop

scoop

Eric, Steve was one of those guys that left an impression on me. Glad I got to spend some time with him. Your dad is one of those guys too! Loved hanging with you guys at the car show last weekend.

Roadsir, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. I didn't know Steve personally but I certainly enjoyed his work. He seemed like the kind of person you would like for a friend. Sorry for your loss, it never gets easier.

Roadsir, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. Remember his work well, writing style, etc was right up my alley. Exchanged pleasantries at a couple of events. Liked him, sure sad that he's not with us anymore.

Roadsir and loudbang like this.
  17. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Hard to believe its been that long that he's been gone. But you know every time you take that 3W out for a spin he's there with you.

Roadsir likes this.
  18. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I counted Steve as a friend, he helped me get into writing and photography in the mag biz.
    When he got sick we would have long phone calls about life, health, and cars
    He was always upbeat when we talked, but I know he could 'lie' like me,, keep up a great face then exhaustion later.
    Steve was a hot rodders's Hot Rodder! Just like you and me,
    He was - Just Steve

Roadsir and Finn Jensen like this.