Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Missing 1938 Buick Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr.Beer, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Beer

Mr.Beer

So I'm not sure where to post this but I'm a lurker here on the forum.... I am looking for a missing 1938 Buick sedan.
    So, long story short, a friend of mine left his car at a backwoods shop in western Maryland and it was sold out from under him with no title(he still hold the original paper...). I don't know if he can get the car back, or has a legal right to it, but everyone involved in the whole transaction has vanished into the woodwork.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

2. RMONTY

RMONTY

Was it sold because of a lien?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Can you be more specific about where in Western Maryland without mentioning any names of the shop or individuals involved? More info is needed here. Like rmonty has asked, was there a mechanic's lien filed on the car? At the very least, your friend (unless it's actually yourself) needs to consult with a lawyer as well as filing a police report. Without more details you'll get all kinds of responses on here from taking legal action to finding the responsible parties and well, you can imagine the rest!

4. Was the car registered and insured? Lots of unanswered questions.

5. Ditto. This place isn't really the legal aid service.

6. My response is same as X38 above

7. Mr.Beer

Mr.Beer

All I know is it was up near Hagerstown.
    I'm helping him clear out his barn and property, and found the title for it and he kind of wistfully told me the tale of the '38 that got away.
    I spoke to him this morning and he gave me a few more details.
    This was a few years ago, I'm not sure why he just gave up.
    So apparently he was hospitalized for about six months and they offered to store it for him, not working on it, just store it. I have a feeling they filed a lien but he said that he had offered to to pay them and they never told him an amount or anything. When he went back the told him it'd been sold to a guy in PA and he even tracked that guy down and offered to buy it back, but they said they sold it and wouldn't tell him to whom or where.
    I believe he just gave up, I'm not sure why. He is a retired cop and I know he didn't abandon the car, or fail to pay for "work completed"... he just seems to have walked away.

Believe me if it had been mine, I'd be driving it right now.

8. Sad story all around. Thanks for getting back with the details.

9. Only HE knows the REAL story..so why worry if he is not concerned?

Hnstray likes this.
  10. BJR

BJR

If he was a cop he would know what to do if he wanted it back. I would bet there is way more to the story then he is telling you, and that's why he did not pursue it a few years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.