Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Miss stress pt.2 t coupe makeover!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lazyv8, Sep 8, 2008.

1. lazyv8

lazyv8

You guys may remember my t coupe miss stress from a while ago......well i got real sick of being cramped up inside that stupid thing!,plus i have always wanted a roadster!so i sold the t to fund this. the best way to build a car is to spend a little more in the beginning and buy something a little more solid.....well i didnt have that extra cash to spend to get that solid complete roadster ,but i wanted a roadster a real one! not a coupester!so i peiced this one together.and the sheetmetal isnt the best but its what i got to work with so here i go.
    this was the beginning....i peiced and fit all the panels together and made everything bolt to the subrframe so that when the budget allows i can have it all sanblasted apart.then put back together and welded final.
    here is the t coupe.
    [​IMG]
    the beginning..
    [​IMG]
    once the body was peiced together i braced it up real well and cut away the subframe and set it over the chassis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i had some fitment issues behind the motor so i narrowed the cowl flange by 3/4" to push the body forward to cover the front z in the frame
    [​IMG]
    i sat the body 3 1/2" over the frame instead over channeling it so that 1/2" of the frame at the bottom will be exposed to protect the body from damage because its so low. the t was way too low for my taste now,so this will sit about 3-5 " higher.
    ill have more pics this week as i get further along....the plan is to flat tow it behind the ranchero to billetproof.....so we will see how far i get!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. That looks awesome! Can't wait to see more.

3. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

4. blackout

blackout

Good lookin roadster body. Sounds like you will be happier with the car not quite so low.

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

cool car i like the flatty

6. sololobo

sololobo

Looking good!! Damn nice work!! Cool 1940 Worlds Fair license topper on the wall!!--Rock On--Sololobo

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Looking real nice! Definitely looks like a better car for sure and has a nice stance, etc. Keep going with it, looking sweet!

8. lazyv8

lazyv8

ill have more pics soon!!!