Register now to get rid of these ads!

Minnesota Rt 56 fall 2012 metal shapers gathering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rouye56wingnut, Aug 7, 2012.

1. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

Well its time to set your calender to Oct 25-28 for more metal shaping fun . I usually have it the weeked after the Twin City Roadsters swap meet , but my son decided to get married that weekend . I have had several requests for a used machine sale area and there will be one set up in one of the barns for those that want to display .

Also Billy Jack has offered to put on a demo making Silver jewelry for those Female or Male that want to see how that is done (can you say Christmas present)

Any one willing to do a demo let Chris know as he did an ammasing job at the Spring event coordinating the events .

And would you guys please let us know how many are comming . Last fall we had 75 people signed up when it was all said and done . But there were only half that many that said they were comming . Thank God (Lu) we had enough food for everyone

2. carryallman

carryallman

count me in !!!! wife was just bugging me for a rt.66 get together date ! will there be snow ? thanks dan and the mrs. for having us again !!!!!!!! the seminars last spring was GREAT ! see ya ! mike " carryallman"

3. Wowcars

Wowcars

I would love to be a part of this, now that I'm back in MN!

4. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

5. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

Mike , Let Pat know I am still checking on rooms for her .Lot to get ready before the meet with all these projects .

6. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Dan- I'm in! Ill give you a buzz-
    :)
    Tuck

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

7. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

Where did you wander off to ?

8. Wowcars

Wowcars

I got lost in Illinois for a couple of years!:D

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  9. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Should I drag a certain Studebaker down so it can roost?;)

10. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

Just got the 47 convert ready for sale and this could be doable .

11. ken bogren

ken bogren

Where does this take place, and are "new to metal shaping" folks welcome?

12. down by Dennison Mn , easy to find right on hwy 56

as for getting in , you will need to know the secret handshake. actually , people with all skill levels are welcome. they even let me in last spring! just let Dan know you are coming so they can get a rough head count. bring some safety glasses and your enthusiasm

13. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

Ken , Not only welcome but encouraged . If you log on to allmetalshaping.com there is alot of info and pics from previous events . We are located between Northfield and Cannon Falls and we supply food and refreshments so that you can spend your time involved in projects and demonstrations .Great place to network with like minded folks .

14. I would like to attend this as well...
    tok

15. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

I was talking to Tuck and he said he was going to see if you were comming .Look forward to meeting more HAMBers as a couple years ago several were down and we had a great time with them .Lots of enthusiasm .

There are a few others from (BigOil ) country .

16. I would love to come down too. It all depends on work though, got to build them tractors.

17. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

Only a few days to go .Let me know if you havnt already so as to better prepare for the # .It looks like it will be a little chilly but that is what heaters are for .

18. green53ford

green53ford
    from Wisconsin

I plan on being there again. Always have a good time.

19. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Both Johnny and I had a great time Sat morning- was hoping to make it more days but I'm glad we made the trek-

there are quite a few tools I'll be buying after this visit- that shrinking disk is one of them-

Bought Cass Nawrocki's book-

Thanks so much for being an awesome Host Dan- I wanna come down some weekend when It isn't so crazy!!! :) So much stuff was going on you could drift from one project to the other and learn stuff all over the place-

VERY INSPIRING!

Attached Files: