Register now to get rid of these ads!

Minnesota HAMBers, your invited to Hot Rod Barbeque Year 4

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koachwerks, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Scotch

Scotch

Wow - we're going to have Hot Rod Chili and Hot Rod Gumbo at the same BBQ?

Our wives and girlfriends are going to hate us the day after...LOL!!

~Scotch~
    (formerly known as the Jaegermonster in a previous life, BTW...)

2. koachwerks

koachwerks

Hell, with my luck I'll be hated the day of!

3. koachwerks

koachwerks

Hope to see you there highskool rodder.

You too alienbaby.

Chris

4. koachwerks

koachwerks

Bump!

Just 2 more days to go guys and gals for Hot Rod Barbeque Year 4.

5. Ruiner

Ruiner

all Gumbo systems are go, T-minus 14 hours and 30 minutes until Gumbo preparation commences...hahaha...this is SOOOO gonna kick ass...

6. Looks like a cheap fun way to kill a saturday. I think i'll clean off the plymouth and drive it down. David

7. koachwerks

koachwerks

You can leave the dust on. It'll give it more character. See you Saturday.

8. koachwerks

koachwerks

Hell yeah! Today's the day. fire up yer heaps anf get on over here. Call if you need directions. 952-201-4509.

Johnny, Lance, thanks for coming over last night to help out. Johnny, that gumbo of yours is smellin' real fine.

Chris

9. Ruiner

Ruiner

we'll have the '57 fired up pretty quick here just to make sure she's ready to rock...awesome pizza last night man...hehehe...we stopped at apple valley wal-mart last night and as soon as I stepped inside I could smell all the smoke from the fire last night, we had a good time hangin out, today should be a blast...the weather's gonna be just fine...

10. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

jOHNNY-

What time are you and Lance going over? I may try to stop by once I get off work- maybe see you guys up there. We'll see how it goes. I'm really intrigued by this gumbo....

Jay

Chris- If I'm coming later let me know if there's anything I can bring that you realized you don't have....Johnny has my number.

11. Ruiner

Ruiner

we're planning on leaving about 2 or 3, gotta stop on the way there to pick up some minor things...if you need directions there just call me Jay, after screwing it up yesterday I'll never forget how to get to Chris' place again...

12. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Sweet- you guys got me talked into it even tho' I'm soooo shy....

I'll try mapquest or something and if I got lost I'll shoot you a call. Think I'll be rolling the Dodge out so if ya' see it go by 5 or 6 times looking confused throw something at me to get my attention.

Nice beige Sable, by the way- is that a 92?:)

Jay

13. Ruiner

Ruiner

hahaha, yeah...I take it you read the windshield...don't worry Wrong Way Jay, we'll get you there with no issues...heading east on Old Shakopee Rd take a left at Beard Ave and it's the second house on the left, parking in the rear...aka backyard...

14. koachwerks

koachwerks

Glad you had a good time last night Johnny. Looking forward to this afternoon.

Jay, glad we talked you into coming.

We had someone stop by this morning at 8:30 scopin' the place out. He heard from a friend who heard from a friend who... well, I guess the word does get out!

Chris

15. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Johnny- you do know that washes off right? Or are you bragging about the 92?:)

Yeah, you guys talked me into it- don't hesitate to call if you need anything since I'll be coming around 5 after work.

Jay

16. koachwerks

koachwerks

Oh yeah, one more thing. We have PLENTY of desserts! If you already have a dessert ready to dring, go ahead and bring it. But for all you others, bring a sidedish.

Thanks,

Chris

17. Ruiner

Ruiner

hell of a good show man, I had a blast...good to meet some of you guys and catch up with some that I haven't seen in a while...definately awesome food, bryon is the man...we'll definately have to have him cater one of the MHRS events next year, it'd be worth every penny...scotch's hot rod chili is fucking killer, the mix of cars was cool, a little of something for everyone...I can't wait for next year...

18. Scotch

Scotch

I had an awesome time too - very cool people, awesome grub, and a true spectrum of killer rides! Nice work all - especially on that gumbo. We're gonna have to team up on something Johnny -Gumbo Chili anyone?

Thanks again Chris - you rule as a host!

~Scotch~

19. Ruiner

Ruiner

hmmmm, I think you may be onto something there...Chris and Thelma rule as hosts, along with Bryon and Jason and their folks...and can't forget Tequila and Tiki, the hot rod chihahuas...

20. koachwerks

koachwerks

Boy I would really like to send a big thank you for everyone who came out and made Hot Rod Barbeque Year 4 a huge success. I'm estimating that we had 30 cars and around 100 people show up. Not bad for an event held in my backyard in the middle of residential Bloomington. We had an awesome mix of cars; there was a 1957 LaFrance firetruck out front in the driveway and out back we had a 1930 Plymouth staged as inspiration along with some 50's Chevy's, a handful of ver high horsepower Chevelles and Mopar cars. To round out the mix we even had some off-topic newer cars; one being a 2 week old Audi RS4 and a couple of S10's equipped with bags that dropped them straight to the ground.

The food was awesome. My older brother slaved for hours smoking over 50 pounds of pork and making 3 different barbeque sauces. Thanks a ton Bryon (Percula). Thanks to all who brought a sidedish. Johnnyxcliche and Groundpounder came over on on Friday and put together a great tasting spicy gumbo. Scotch brought over tingly chili that was a hit as well. Stevie D and his wife Sherri (SP) brought a delicious plate of finger sandwhiches too. I need recipes for all of this stuff! I know I've missed mentioning other foods that were brought, sorry.

My parents were commenting on how great everyone was that came from both the HAMB and the TraditionalsMN.org site. Again, I know I'm going to miss a few but we had Johnnyxcliche (thanks for helping promote the event, making your gumbo, helping set up the '30 plymouth and hanging out with us on Friday), Groundpounder (same thank yous I sent to Johnny), Stevie D and his wife and their chihhuahua Tiki (thanks to you too for helping promote the event), Scotch, Norrie and Scoop. Scoop and his family are real troopers, they drove up from Blue Earth, MN the night before, rented a hotel room and arrived early and left late. I hope your girls had a good time. I know Tequila (one of the Hot Rod dogs) enjoyed playing with them. Scoop, hopefully we can work something out to get you a Rat Fink window. I may have forgotten some of your names but believe me I remember your faces and what cars you rolled in with. You're all a bunch of real stand-up guys and gals. My wife and family and I really appreciate all of your kind comments and hope to see more of you in the near future and and at future Hot Rod Barbeque's.

While I don't neccesarily condone it, I'll have to say that whoever it was with the corvette left an impressive cloud of smoke and even more impressive black stripes in front of the house. I just hope the cop that rolled by 20 seconds later didn't chase you down and issue you a ticket! I apologize too for forgeting your name.

Soon I'll be downloading the pictures and posting them.

Thanks again,

Chris, Thelma and Tequila

21. Ruiner

Ruiner

hahaha, the corvette was Keith, 427v8 on the OSR forums...he delivered my mopar steelie wheels and tires in the passenger seat...that Hemi 'Cuda burnout was great too, along with the American LaFrance fire truck with the lights and siren on his way out...Lance and I thank you for putting on a great event and we can't wait for next year...I'll have to refine my recipe and maybe make it a little less spicy for everyone next time around...next year you'll have a little one tagging along with you, so we'll definately help setting up more for you guys...

22. koachwerks

koachwerks

Muchas gracias El Cliche!

See you at the Bonfire Bash!

23. koachwerks

koachwerks

24. scoop

scoop

Chris we had a hell of a good time!Food was great,the gumbo hit me on the way home damn near cleared the house!The girls loved the dogs,your neighbors dogs too.The burnout the Vette did was awesome then the cops roll by about a minute later.No big hurry on the window.Your a hell of an artist.It was great to see Scotch,Johnny,and Lance and of course Stevie D again.We'll be back again next year!

25. koachwerks

koachwerks

You're welcome scoop! Thanks for making the long haul in that sweet Chevy of yours. It was kind of neat to compare it to my pop's '51 that was behind yours. I'll talk to COOP and see what we can do about making you one of those Rat Fink windows. Don't know if you ever saw one completed so see below. Thanks for the artist comment.:) See you next year!

Chris

[​IMG]

26. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

i just saw this sunday night
    looks like you had a blast
    sorry i missed it

on the upside i found a kool new site to check out
    and i love the glasswork nice job!

27. koachwerks

koachwerks

There is always next year Fred. Thanks for the comment on the glass.

Chris

28. Chris, thanks for the food and the good time. David

29. koachwerks

koachwerks

No problem David. Glad you had a good time. Refresh my memory, what car did you bring?

Chris

30. scoop

scoop

The Mopar with the Hilborn setup on it.He's my wifes cousin.