Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Minnesota BBQ/Car Show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ruiner, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner

I'm asking around to all the Minnesotans on here to see if I should put on a show like what koachwerks and his wife do down in the Twin Cities, except I'll be doing it up in Alexandria,MN...I would be planning it to happen late in the season, around late August or September...I'll be holding it at my house, pot luck style where me and the boys provide the BBQ and beverages and everyone else brings food to share if they feel like it...Alexandria is about 2 hours from the cities, 45 minutes from St. Cloud and an hour and a half from Fargo...is it worth it for me to plan this little shindig?

2. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I would make the journey.

3. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

Sounds good to me, do it.........Rich

4. Ruiner

Ruiner

Another plus to the area is that Lake Osakis is only 6 blocks or so from my house, so if you wanted to take a cruise around the lake or take the family over there for part of the day it would make the journey up here a little more fun...and if my shop is built in time we would have space for motorcycle parking on the concrete, or possibly a band or two to play...I've already picked out a name as well...we'll see how much more interest there is in it first though...think of it less as a car show, and more of a family event geared towards meeting other hot rodders and getting to know each other without all the spectators and such...

5. Wowcars

Wowcars

I'd be interested.

6. camargma

camargma

7. 31Rodder

31Rodder

I would be interested too depending on when it is. Let us know on a date.

8. Ruiner

Ruiner

I need to check the events calendar to see where to squeeze it in, someone had mentioned on facebook to provide info on camping spots and hotels nearby, so I will get that info as well...

9. Alex is a great area.
    I'd go.

10. scoop

scoop

August sounds good,I could celebrate my birthday too.

11. Ruiner

Ruiner

We'll figure out the date for sure when I get moved into the house, the first year might be a little interesting with remodeling and such going on, but it's something I've always wanted to put on, and soon I'll have the land to do it...good to hear from you scoop, we never get to talk much anymore...