Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mini Tech / Trick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51Fourdoor, Nov 6, 2008.

1. 51Fourdoor

51Fourdoor

If this is posted in the wrong spot, sorry for my mistake.

Not something everyone will want to tackle, but I'm doing my '51 Four Door Ford on a tight budget. In looking to re-do the interior, I was looking for new windlace. Not over expensive, but again, I'm on a tight budget.

I went to the local fabric shop and found some furniture fabric in a dark green (interior is going to be green). I had some 3/8" rope for general use and measured out the length around one of the doors, but the rope a bit longer than needed. I cut the material about 2" wide, sprayed the fabric with 3M upholstery adhesive and laid the rope down. I let the adhesive sit for approx. 5 minutes to get really tacky, then just folded the fabric over it. I used a paint stick to press a pretty tight seam down the length of the fabric and rope. It's been sitting for awhile inside the car through the summer sun and hasn't let loose, so I guess it's good to go.

The material was in the mark down rack and I already had the rope, so it cost me about $8.00 to do this for all 4 doors.

51 Four Door
    Wade

Attached Files:

2. rtp

rtp

Nice little trick. I have used the small size cotton sash cord for piping between panels when redoing seat covers.
    rtp

3. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I used vacuum line in my Deuce....yours is a great idea....nice cheap tech.