Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Military Members Appreciation....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A32Flathead, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Buy a solider a cup of coffee....

click below...

https://www.greenbeanscoffee.com/coj/

This IS a successful program, several members of our clubs Military chapter have received coffee.

Skip the Starbucks tomorrow....go on...make a difference...

2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Done. What a great opportunity to thank them. Thanks to you for providing it.

3. Well I am always up for coffee. Especially if you're buying. When you commin by? ;)

4. Hahahaha....

Go click that link & buy a Cup of Joe for a Joe.... :cool:

5. An afternoon bump.....

6. Bought for me was a soda at a gas station. That's my gig now for others! Love this coffee thing!

I really love that us as a people finally apprieciate our service men. It wasn't to long ago that some spit and disrespected the uniform.

7. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Greenbeans is awesome! Try the M.O.A.C. they have, I did! A few of the big bases overseas have a Greenbeans on them. I tried the Mother Of All Coffees in '07 on a Long Convoy we were providing security from K.V. to Fallujah and back. This things like 44oz and four shots of espresso! I was wired in the turret! Anyways Thanks Guys! I do appreciate what y'all and Greenbeans are doing for my brothers and sisters!

8. haring

haring

Inspired by those that came before me, I enlisted in the Air National Guard this year and will be heading to basic training this winter at the tender young age of 39. Looking forward to it.

9. At my wife's Flower Shop every Thursday a few of my hot rod friends drop by for hot dogs,,they call and let me know they are coming and I go pick them up.

Last week when I walked in "Skins" Hot Dogs there were six soldiers siting at one of the tables,,I as the girl behind the counter if she had their bill,,she told me she did and I told her I wanted to pick up the tab but for her not to say anything to them when they came up to pay except thank you for your service.

Heck,14 hot dogs,6 bags of chips and 6 sodas is not going to break me and made me feel like a million bucks.

I had forgotten about it until yesterday when I went back for our weekly supply of dogs and she told me the soldiers were actually shocked that someone picked up their tab.

I just sent a cup o joe for a party of 8,,we can't support our troops enough! :) HRP

10. Zeke

Zeke

Ahhh Greenbeans, one of the only things I truly enjoyed while deployed. I spent my time mostly on the smaller patrol bases so when got one it was glorious.

11. Good to hear from those who have received coffee.

Thanks for your service

12. Zeke

Zeke

I always bought my own coffee. You have to register as a service member to be able to get the free cup of joe with green beans they don't just pass them out.

13. no55mad

no55mad

This is a great for the military of today. As a Viet Nam era vet, all we got was grief back in the day. Still being around a military base, whenever I see someone in uniform I always make sure to thank them for their service to their country!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  14. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Well, I am a Viet Nam vet and although happy for the respect for the uniform today, the vets of the Viet Nam era got nothing, still don't. I guess that in itself has helped me in my life.

15. I have two decals on the back glass of my pickup; a small 1st Cav patch and a CIB. You would be amazed at how many people notice, know what they are looking at, and take time to say something positive.

When I see a vet wearing a distinctive hat I always say "I like your hat!" and "Thank you for your service."

None of us can change the past. That was then and this is now. A cup of coffee, some hot dogs and sodas, a simple thank you are all easy to do. Try it. You will feel better for doing it.

16. Monday morning bonus bump

17. Done
    And posted to my Face Book and Twitter too
    Thanks for the tip

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. Remember this from last week?
    Buy a Military member a Cup of Joe.....

Well.........we got the following message this morning....

Your message and gift of a CUP OF JOE was delivered to a Service Member serving at Leatherneck BX1 in Afghanistan. They wanted to say thanks and make sure you knew your gift was received.

Please see below for their note to you:

Dave & Ginger,

Thank you so much for keeping us in your thoughts. It is good to know that people at home are thinking of us. Happy Holidays & truly appreciated!

Respectfully,

GySgt Quinn,

USMC

19. Zeke

Zeke

And as a Iraq/Afgn vet, I always when given the opportunity to do so give every Vietnam vet a solid hand shake and a much deserved welcome home. I have a much better understanding of what my dad and the rest of you Nam vets have been through.:(