Register now to get rid of these ads!

Miles Masa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by reverenddevil, Jun 24, 2013.

1. reverenddevil

reverenddevil

Can anyone verify that my car I have was indeed called Lollipop when Miles built it back in 1987? Also anymore info about Miles and what not would be greatly appreciated. When I bought the car 14 years ago (in Southern California) I had no idea how massive Miles was in the car building community. I have only recently how mammoth he was. Here is the car. If anyone has any questions please feel free to shoot em my way.
    [​IMG]

2. WWinIL

WWinIL

Miles painted my BOSS 429 Mustang back in the early 80's. I had some pics of the car at his shop and I've been trying to find them. At the time his shop was located in Downers Grove, IL on Belmont just north of the RR tracks. I'm not positive of when it closed ( It was a auto paint supply house for a while). It has since been demolished when the road was expanded recently in the last few years. Pat Ganahl has mention of Miles and pics of his chopped mercs in at least one of his books about customs. Miles passed away in the early '90's.

Beautiful Car! Lucky you to have a piece of art from one of the masters!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  3. reverenddevil

reverenddevil

thanks, I have read somethings about him but im trying to get aa much info on him and my car that he built. I feel tremendously honored that I have one of his cars. I saw that the signs from his shop were saved and his son used to post on here. I liked the memorial page about Miles on facebook and tried messaging his son but have not yet received a response. I think I purchased the car from his son in law back in 1998 or 1999. I also read that he built my car from a 1950s picture he saw on the cover of a motor trend magazine. Im fascinated by the cars history and never fully knew how MAMMOTH Miles was.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. 48stude

48stude

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. reverenddevil

reverenddevil

Thanks guys, I had that info from the same site. Thank you. Mr. 48 I think the reason it didnt get much coverage was because it was his last build and he may not have been able to get around to doing much because of his MS. It also looks like the license plate says lolipop.

7. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I've never seen a lolipop that tasty! Gorgeous car!

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It may at that Rev my eyes aren't that good. Someone hopefully will come up with the photo and or info clarifying that.

9. reverenddevil

reverenddevil

327 thank you. I think it does say lolipop. Man i'm so stoked that this car has a hostory now and a really cool one at that. Hopefully I keep getting more info.

10. rainmaker62

rainmaker62
    from Georgia

Sure looks like the car I painted, by this time Miles was confined to a motorized wheelchair. This is Russ, Miles' oldest son and he asked me to paint it for him. Several of Miles' close friends assisted in the build and it was nice to get it finished while he could still enjoy it. I wish I could have continued in the business; it just wasn't to be. I'll try to see if I can find some build shots of the car.

11. Hello all!! Miles Masa was my grandfather. I would love any photos you have now of cars he had worked on! My email is [email protected]
    instagram.com/laurashanahanphotography

12. ...was at a small swapmeet last Sunday and Miles Mesa's name came up, ...a friend has 2 Mercs that Miles chopped way back in the mid to late 70's,...they are hoarded away, can't get near em for pics, wish I could.

13. flat 39

flat 39

Miles painted my Mustang in 1970 when he still was working out of his garage at home. Beautiful Candy Apple Red with gold flames. I have pics stashed away somewhere.

14. rainmaker62

rainmaker62
    from Georgia

I remember a lot of those old jobs we did. Think I even remember the Mustang. What I'd give for some of those cars today. One of the best parts was hearing those beasts fire up in our garage in DG. Miss my pops, miss those days. Where does the time go?