Register now to get rid of these ads!

MII-Granada Rotors = unexpected track width

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by praisethelowered, May 26, 2010.

1. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

I have set up a mII IFS for my '35. . . I built a home-made crossmember to ElPolacko specs (only much prettier), then I bolted the parts together-

Speedway MII dropped spindles,
    Speedway upper and lower arms
    Granada rotors

I used the granada rotors to gain the extra track width. All over the net, all I have found is people stating that stock mII is 56-1/2" wide from hub to hub and it is 58" with Granada rotors. I want that 58" track width.

For some reson my set-up adds up to 56-1/2". I checked to make sure that I have stock spec Granada Rotors, and I do. I double checked the dimension between the lower arm mounts and it is 21-3/4" which is standard MII width.

Does anybody have an MII set up with Granada rotors that is actually 58" wide. . or is this one of those things that bounces around the internet echo chamber that everyone just assumes is true?

I can still get there with some modifications, but if there is an easy mistake to point out I'd rather hear that.

I already bugged ElPolako about this but I thought I should put it out to a wider audience to see if someone has the same set-up as me.

2. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

I found my post on page 5 few hours later. . . any help from guys that like to build cars?

3. 38plymouth

38plymouth

Is there not a sleeve that goes behind the bearing that comes in the kit to convert to Granada rotors on a stock M2 spindle. This is for using a Granada bearing, I haven't done it myself but I remember reading about it. I'm getting forgetful and half blind too, so......

I think it was the kit for the caliper mounts for using metric GM calipers... or something likr that..

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  4. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Don't you need to use the "wide" control arms to get the wider track width? When I ordered my TCI MII kit, I had that option. Mine uses Caprice rotors, but the extra width is gained through the wider control arms, I believe.