Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Mighty Mo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clik, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Keepat has done an outstanding job bringing it back to life after all those years. There was always a crowd around it at Jalopyrama and I cudn't get any really good shots of it. Here's a hurried and only shot I got of it before the crowds gathered around it.
    DSCF5899.JPG

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Clik

Clik

3. Clik

Clik

One of the floods. Another incentive to close.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  4. Clik

Clik

Palmer Ford sign in the background.

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. Moparmania

Moparmania

This picture that has been making the rounds on the internet labeled as the Takoma Park Mighty Mo is in actuality the Queenstown Mighty Mo.[​IMG]

6. Moparmania

Moparmania

Here's a shot of the entrance to the Queenstown Mo.[​IMG]

7. Thanks for posting, moparmania. Were you living in the area back in the day?

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  8. I cudn't tell ya. I never saw it in the day time!;)

9. Clik

Clik

I don't remember the Queenstown Mo having that paint scheme on the roof.

lothiandon1940 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  10. .............My memory isn't that good. The background of the photo looks to be reasonably correct. Wonder just how many were ever in operation. I'm sure far fewer than Hot Shoppes. Just my musings.:)

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  11. ..................Happy 72 today, Bob.:D

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  12. Any more Mo stories?......or pictures from that era.

13. Back up for the locals........

14. Clik

Clik

15. Can't seem to pick that up with my crystal radio!:rolleyes::D

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  16. Clik

Clik

That's why you lost the Science Fair in Junior High

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Clik

Clik

18. The recent thread created by Rocky made me think about cruising the Mighty Mo in Hyattsville, Maryland.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  19. Clik

Clik

RICHARD "DICKIE"'S OBITUARY
    [​IMG]
    Richard Warner Boswell, affectionately known as “Honey”, “Dickie”, “Boswell”, “Boz”, “Dad”, ”Grandaddy” and “Pa”, 79 passed from his earthly home on October 5, 2021 surrounded by family. Boswell was born February 15,1942 in Washington DC to the late Beatrice and Edgar Boswell. Boswell attended Bladensburg High School and entered the United States Army as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne division.

He met Mary Ellis in Queenstown, MD and formed an unbreakable partnership of more than 40 years. He was a racecar driver and speed boat racer at heart, loved speed and was the epitome of fun and laughter. He loved his family and friends more than anything; never met a stranger, “could never have too many friends” and formed relationships with people who came to his house to work. He knew every life was precious, he was kind, caring and would run to help anyone he could. He was a role model, father figure, mentor and hero to many. But he was especially committed to his grandkids, they were his ultimate joy, all 21 of them.

Boswell is survived by his wife Mary; daughters Deanna Kouroupis (Bill), Kendra Dill (Doug), Katie Williams (Chip), Lyndsey Workman (Jeff); son, Richard Boswell (Ashley); grandchildren Brandon (Caitlin), Macie, Kyle, Justin, Kayla, Jacob, Nash, Ellis, Hayden, Eve, Paxton, Aimery, Karstin, Terese, Carmela, Elizabeth, Grace, Juliette, and Warner; great-grandchildren Connor and Lilliana. And of course, his “favorite Mother in Law” Mamie Ellis. He is pre-deceased by his son, Michael Boswell.

A visitation is planned for Thursday, October 7th from 6:00pm-8:00pm at Beall Funeral Home, 6512 NW Crain Hwy. Bowie MD 21801, Friday afternoon.

A celebration mass will be held at 12:00pm at Sacred Heart Church, 16501 Annapolis Rd, Bowie, MD 20715, followed by a Christian burial at Lakemont Cemetery, 900 W Central Ave, Davidsonville, MD 21035.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to World Villages by following the link below: https://www.worldvillages.org/donate/. Please be sure to mention Dickie Boswell in the memory of box.

0ldracer, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

21. Sad news. I watched Dickie Boswell race at Beltsville Speedway on many occasions. He was a true racer in every sense.:(

Bowtie Coupe and 0ldracer like this.
  22. So sorry to learn of Dickie Boswell's passing. He was the type of person we all should strive to be, along with being an awesome racer. RIP! My condolences to his extensive family and friends.

23. .......His Son, Richard, is a NASCAR crew chief working for Stewart-Hass Racing.

Bowtie Coupe and 0ldracer like this.
  24. Back up for the memories

25. It's been 7 yrs. since we lost long time HAMBer, ignition, exhaust guru and original Mo Rat, @tommy. Always willing to help out anyone with brake, ignition, exhaust issues and so much more We miss you Tommy. Rest in Eternal Peace.....Don.

loudbang, pwschuh and Just Gary like this.
  26. Tommy was the first HAMBer I ever met face to face. :)
    He recommended exhaust shops & driveshaft shops in the DC area when I was lowering my '55.

BTW, my elderly neighbor grew up around Bathesda and carried on about how the Mo was the place to be in the early '60's.:cool: