Register now to get rid of these ads!

Midwest gasser guys, need info on this old willys gasser from Iowa!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37willysgasser, Dec 16, 2010.

1. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

fitzee
    thank God for the HAMB it is a great place for history and knowledge!!!

chubbie"
    I have a picture of a four door, taken at marion S.D. in about 1971. it was a darker blue. i think the driver used the back doors

chubbie, would like to see that pic this car was only accessible through the back doors, the fronts were bolted shut.

2. chubbie

chubbie

I'm sure i have a picture of a dark blue 38?? willys 4 door but finding these old pics could take some time:eek:

3. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

"update" here is a few pics of the new headers, i had them made by Sanderson they did a great job, reasonable price also. the olds 3rd member is in the shop getting new bearings and a refresh as we speak, thanks to HAMB brother Dragsled for the hook up on the rear!! rollcage should be finished soon, hope to have it up and running by the end of march, i will YouTube the start up, no matter what the car will be at the gasser reunion in beaver springs this summer!!

Attached Files:

4. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Your making great progress, keep up the good work! Is Beaver Springs the first outing you have planned for this year?

5. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Dave thank you, yes Beaver Springs will be the first this year, really looking forward to it since i missed it last year!!

6. chubbie

chubbie

I hope this picture helps. I'm not sure of the year, 1969-70-71?

Attached Files:

7. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

chubbie thanks for the pic wouldnt mind having that one its 33-36, mines a 1941.

8. violet springs

violet springs

9. fitzee

fitzee

This is moving along nicely!!

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Looks good Vince, Hope to see it run someday, Tim Jones

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Did you ever get another envelope of pictures in the mail?

12. chubbie

chubbie

I hadn't seen this picture in 30 years! it was fun to find it, but way cool to think i remembered it was a blue willys 4 door!!:eek:

13. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Thanks fellas, just got my box from summit today cant wait to go open it, all the tunnel ram gaskets, new Holley carbs, new eye for the unilite and other odds and ends.

The rear end should be done this weekend thanks to Brad and all the great people at Fabcraft for the parts (all your Olds Rear needs)!

Ordered new piecrust slicks from Radir should be here in a few days, still looking for ribbed front tires like the old pirellis, will post pics as i get the stuff, thank God for tax money its finally coming together.

Glenn, no i have not, last time i talked to mrs. Hennings they were going through a bad divorce, and some health issues, i tried calling her at Christmas, and emailed her a few days ago, still waiting for a reply.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  14. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

just got these old Ed Cholakian velocity stacks in the mail today from hamber Black Panther thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  15. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I am running Firestone Gum Dip tires on the front of my Willys. Coker sells them. Safe and can run tubes or tubeless. The old tires are cool but you should not be racing or driving with them, should be for show only. You know I collect old wheels and tires and I had one explode in my garage on a hot day just sitting, thats when I decided never to race with vintage tires.

Attached Files:

16. magneto57

magneto57

SweeeeeeeeeeeeT............!!

17. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Dave tried to find those at coker, i didnt see them on there site, thats what i am looking for.
    well today we are working on the fire wall, made a template the other night, will be tracing out the aluminum today, will have pics up!

still looking for 1941 willys stock drag link, Pittman arm

Attached Files:

• temp.jpg
      temp.jpg
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  18. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

man , thats looking good, I looked at it here in okla some time ago, you have done wonders with it...good luck with it.............

19. Dude , you are doing great with the Willys -cant wait for the You Tube run - I found more info on my 33 Chevy back to Texas buit those guys got from someone in New Jerseythat drag raced it also but it was red/white & blue then.
    Keep up the great work !!!

20. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

21. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Thanks fellas, always a work in progress!!
    Dave dig those Firestone fronts thats more like what ive been looking for, time to hit up summit again:D
    As for the Radir rear slicks have been back ordered for the last 3 weeks so hope to get those soon.
    This is the first night ive been out in the garage in a week, i got some square steel tubing and bent it up for a support for the firewall, it turned out real nice.
    heres a few pics from my phone, also of the Ansen Sprints 4.5 fronts i recently purchased for the car, these are not unilug like the ones on the car.

Attached Files:

• fire1.jpg
      fire1.jpg
      File size:
      20.2 KB
      Views:
    • an1.jpg
      an1.jpg
      File size:
      14.6 KB
      Views:
    • an2.jpg
      an2.jpg
      File size:
      22.2 KB
      Views:
  22. wicked willys

wicked willys
    from ne ohio

any updates on this build?

23. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

yes , just received my radir slicks they are cool!! headers are done, just got ceramic coated, the olds 5:13 third member will be done this weekend, would have been done sooner but i had a bearing mix up. I finally fixed my welder so i can now finish up the firewall.
    Its been a real busy month, but looking forward to get working on this willys!
    more pics up soon.

24. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

heres a pic of the headers now ceramic coated, and the new radir slicks glad i waited 6 weeks for these!
    im going to mount them up sunday and get a few more pics.

Attached Files:

25. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

heres a few pics of the new slicks on the old willys.
    my son Thomas was working on his roadster also:D

Attached Files:

26. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

Looks awesome man!

27. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Looks good Vince , Is Thomas the crewchief in training or does he have the job already Tim Jones

28. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Yes Thomas is the crew chief:D

Yesterday I picked up the Olds 3rd member from the shop, its been gone thru,
    All new bearings and seals, new Mark Williams yoke,4:86 gear. thanks (Tim Jones/ Brad @ Fabcraft Metal Works & Gary Shepard).

Next is to pull the whole rear out and install new axle bearings and Brakes.

Attached Files:

29. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Glad it worked out for you, Car's coming along nicely Tim Jones

30. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Its been a while since i updated the progress, real busy summer so just getting back to get this car rolling again.
    so today pulled the rear fenders off, need to do some minor patching and remove a few broken bolts from the wheel wells, nothing major.
    rear end is coming out this week, it needs some re-welds on the coil mounts, its seen its share of abuse:D
    finally decided to cut up a parts car i have and use the steel nose for the car, just seems right, its rough but usable.
    so thats it for now. heres a few pics

Attached Files: