Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Midwest Forty Ford 80th Birthday Gathering - 9-26-2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, May 16, 2020.

1. This is great news. On my calendar. I will have both 40's there and will ask BurrKingDon to bring his flatty powered 40 next year.

Keith

2. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

You might need a larger park Bret!

Kan Kustom and bchrismer like this.
  3. We've had over 250 cars in there for our Hot Rod Hundred. There was still LOTS of open parking area. I've already started praying for weather as fantastic as we had last weekend.

guthriesmith and Kan Kustom like this.
  4. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

It was awesome! Just perfect!

5. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

YAWN,YAWN, AHHH, just woke up ! What did I miss ? Next year? What ? I need a nap !!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  6. You just go right ahead and take your nap, Dennis. You earned it! What a killer '40 sedan you have. Looking forward to the next time we can hang out again.

guthriesmith likes this.
  7. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Why wait for the 85th ?

bchrismer likes this.
  8. larry k

larry k

bchrismer likes this.
  9. larry k

larry k

"Hey" Keith, look me up at the fair grounds, I'll be driving my black 40 coupe .we can talk over the old days .

southpaw-customs and bchrismer like this.
  10. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

11. I'll be there in my panel truck this year. ;-)

southpaw-customs likes this.
  12. Will do.
    Keith

13. I should be there in the chopped red '40 pickup. Have a few things left to finish up. Drive shaft, exhaust, fuel lines and a little wiring. I'll look for you.

Keith

bchrismer likes this.
  14. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Man, I'm really bummed I missed you Jeremy. I don't get on here much lately I've been so busy with other stuff. Thanks again to @bchrismer for hosting such an awesome event. The back roads drive from Springfield to Crane was fantastic! It was great meeting everyone, although it was all on very short notice and we did'nt get to stay long that day, Sandy and I also managed to ride our bikes about 115 miles through southwest Missouri over the course of the weekend too. I also got to talk some oldschool BMX with @povertyflats buddy Tony(?)

The 39 guy and guthriesmith like this.
  15. Man, I didn't even think about introducing you to Lonny Moore. He was a BMX racer out of Wichita who had the two black '40 standard sedans that were parked a bit behind you.

We're gonna do it again September 25, 2021. Same kind of deal with a back roads drive from Springfield to Crane. If you are into single track bike trails, Two Rivers Bike Park was not far off of Hwy M that we took to Crane. https://trailspring.org/two-rivers

Seeing you cruising around the park on the SE makes me think I need to get my SE Stout down off the garage ceiling and start getting back into riding shape.

16. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Brett' can't thank you enough for all your hard work getting this great event together, and making me a my buddy Virgil feel right at home , loved everthing about the trip the area , all the 40s and other neat old cars that showd up. The scenic ride over to Crane was super . Talked to a bunch of people forgot a lot of names but enjoyed all our conversations .In the excitement I know I walked by some cars that I should have looked at closer and admired . Loved all three of your 40s my favorite ,your coupe ,and panel . Also enjoyed meeting and hanging out with Dale and his wife , couldn't thank him enough for doing the upgrades on my 40 to make it as road worthy as it now is . Thanks again for everything and "God bless you and your family" ! 2021 hmmm

17. Thanks, Dennis. Sleep on it for a few more days and by next September you might be convinced that road trip wasn't so bad. LOL

God has blessed me tremendously. I'm glad He also gave us some fantastic weather and directed a number of conversations that were had, before, during, and after the event. ;-)

18. Woodie

Woodie

19. Woodie

Woodie

Thanks for the coverage. Great pic's.!! We enjoyed the week end, and chance to visit with all of the owners of one of "Henry's" Finest ." It's Ford For '40"

20. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Just a thought Bret. Why don't you make up some fliers when you have the 81st details figured out and send some to us so we can hand them out to 40 owners at car shows next year ? I see a lot of 40's at shows that were not there and not all are on the HAMB to get the news.

21. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Wanted truckers atlas with shorter way to Crane Mo. Needed before Sept . 2021 . LOL. image.jpeg image.jpeg

22. LOL. I'm not that organized. Usually, besides the HAMB thread and a FB "event" page, my normal way of getting folks to come is from a personal conversations and an invite.

One thing that also works is making it a limited participant event that you have to pre-register and have your car "approved", like several of the high end shows are. That does create an urgency and exclusivity kind of thing, but it goes against the laid back show up and have fun kind of thing. The only reason I have a registration is to cover the t-shirt cost and help me cover my expenses for the event. Most folks don't seem to mind paying a reasonable registration when you give them a cool t-shirt in return. ;-)

Kan Kustom, dwollam and guthriesmith like this.
  23. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

^^^Sometimes the longer way is better.:):D

Kan Kustom and guthriesmith like this.
  24. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Bret, as long as those of us that were there, and know how much fun this was, know when it is, believe me, the word will get out!

25. Yep. When the CrossMembersCC did the first SWMO Hot Rod Hundred, we had 62 cars that participated. We weren't able to do the run this year, but last year we had over 250 cars that registered, and we really didn't "push" the event other than the FB event page and a few "reminder" shares. I figure the next Midwest Forty Ford Gathering will be much the same. Some who came the first year won't be able to make it and others who missed it will join in on the fun.

Kan Kustom, MO_JUNK, dwollam and 2 others like this.
  26. Because I have had way more demand for the supply of t-shirts that I ordered, I am placing one more "last and final" final order of t-shirts. This time I have added a long sleeve t-shirt and a sweatshirt option, apparently because I like to complicate things and accommodate the requests of those who want something to wear in the cooler months when a short sleeve t-shirt isn't quite enough. I'll only have the "store" open through November 1.

All shirt orders will show as "backorders", as I won't be ordering until after November 1, as B-Scott told me he can't even think about printing them until then due to the late season rescheduled events he's cranking out shirts for.

If you are interested in getting a short or long sleeved t-shirt, a crew neck sweatshirt, or just want a printed bandana to hang on your wall, they can be ordered here: https://streetrodder.net/shop/

Kan Kustom, MO_JUNK and 504640 like this.
  27. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I wasn't thinking make it as big an event as can. I was just thinking being it's an event catering to 40 Fords that it would be cool to get as many 40's there as is possible. I get it if you are wanting to keep it limited and more casual. It's just not every day that a year and make exclusive event happens. Either way, thanks for all you have done.

28. Oh, that's not what I was thinking. Heck, in fact, I don't remember hitting "Post Reply" on that response. LOL I'd love to fill the park with '40s. I find it interesting that the FB event page has 19 people already saying that they are coming and I haven't even started registration.

neilswheels and Kan Kustom like this.
  29. dwollam

dwollam

Just under 2000 miles from Central Oregon but since my '40 Std. Tudor came from Missouri in early '65 we just might have to make the trip! My uncle drove it out for us in 1969 in 36 hours, 6 of those hours he slept in the front seat and never shut the engine off the whole trip! I asked him why he didn't shut it off and he said "I was afraid it might not start again!" 2000 miles in a car you thought might not start again???

Dave

neilswheels, Kan Kustom and bchrismer like this.
  30. I love his sense of adventure. ;-)

Kan Kustom likes this.