Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Midwest Forty Ford 80th Birthday Gathering - 9-26-2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, May 16, 2020.

1. I haven't bumped the thread in a couple of weeks, so I figured I would give an update.

The event is STILL GONNA HAPPEN.

As mentioned above, once the spreadsheet hits 100 t-shirts, I will place an "early order" to start the shipping sooner rather than later. At the moment, we stand at 75, figuring in a few for myself.

If you are not able to attend, you can still buy a t-shirt that will be mailed out to you. The form to register or order is located here: https://forms.gle/hCdwzs525uQWGFoh6

Please note, if you are paying with PayPal, the form does NOT automatically take you to paypal to complete the transaction. You will have to manually log in to PayPal and send your fundage to [email protected].

If you haven't seen the artwork for the t-shirts, go back to the opening post. B-Scott knocked it out of the park with his artwork.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Man, it's been over a months since this thread got bumped.

The initial round of T-shirts has been ordered. I should receive those in a couple weeks. I'll start mailing them out over the weeks following.

Last week, I caved in to some marketing from StickerMule and wound up buying some 11 1/2" x 3" bumper stickers with the "front logo", which arrived today. It was limited quantity deal that was too good to pass up. I'll be giving these to the first 40 cars registered for the event. While they would be sideways on most bumpers, they will look cool as garage art.

If you are interested in attending the event, which is on September 26, 2020, in Crane, MO, or if you just wanna order some cool '40 Ford t-shirts, you can fill out the link here: https://forms.gle/S7CNt14VncULRZX29

The form does NOT automatically send you to paypal, if that is your method of choice to pay.

MidWest40DaySticker.jpg

Tim, hotrodharry2 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Need to bump this thread up.

bchrismer and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. T-shirts showed up at the house last night!

20200807_152650.jpg 20200807_152710.jpg 20200807_152747.jpg 20200807_152728.jpg 20200807_152826.jpg 20200807_152847.jpg

47ragtop, lothiandon1940 and MO_JUNK like this.
  5. BTW...The shirts that I received were the initial order. I am planning on ordering more at the end of August for those who missed the initial deadline. Should you wish to register or just order a t-shirt, you can still do that by filling out the form here: https://forms.gle/LDxjwdVju5f7V4Lr5

It's a google form that doesn't have any kind of e-commerce stuff associated, so you either have to manually send me a paypal or drop a check in the mail.

Thanks!

lothiandon1940 and Kelly Burns like this.
  6. Just a handful of some of the cars registered for the Midwest Forty Ford 80th Birthday Gathering. RogerWard.jpg Roger Ward's killer '40 Standard Sedan
    SteveMallory.jpg
    Steve & Patty Mallory's H&H Flathead powered '40 standard
    DavidConrad.jpg
    David & Jan Conrad's '40 Deluxe with early SBC and 3 speed overdrive transmission.
    JoeGaddy.jpg
    Joe Gaddy's slick and well traveled '40 Standard
    Mortland40coupe.jpg
    Greg Mortland's newly finished '40 Deluxe Coupe
    DavidHay40Coupe.jpg
    David Hay's latest '40.
    LonnyMooreSedan.jpg
    Lonny Moore's '40 Sedan (who knows which wheel/tire combo it'll be wearing)
    LonnyandLynnMoore40Sedan.jpg
    Lynn Moore's newly rebuilt old '40 Standard
    GaryManley39.jpg
    Mr "I've been everywhere, man" Gary Manley's '39 that has been to at least the lower 48
    ChrisHowe40.jpg
    Chris Howe's '40 Standard sedan, from Lemont, IL.

There's still time to get registered, if you would like to attend. The event is open to other cars participating, although the focus of the gathering is the '40 Fords. All folks registered prior to August 31 will receive an event t-shirt as part of their registration.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    exterminator, Legends47, Tim and 2 others like this.
  7. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Bret, got my teeshirt today, thanks so much. Wish distance and my health would allow me to join you guys, as I know it will be great. Thought I'd add a pic of the shirt on the hood of the coupe. John 101_0142.JPG

8. That is SO cool!

I'll be honest...I am quite honored and humbled that so many of you guys from out of the area have chosen to support the event through buying t-shirts. I am blown away at the response!

9. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Got my mouth watering all over again, would love to be able to look over Roger Wards beautiful sedan and all the others , 1000 miles one way =2000 miles round trip ??? Danged if I do and Danged if I don't , uh how much are the shirts !!!! Lol

10. 19Fordy

19Fordy

The graphics are really nice.
    Wish that was available in a long sleeve shirt style or jacket.

11. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Come on Dennis, I wouldn't be afraid of 2000 miles in your sedan. If we can't go to the grandson's graduation, we are going. Should know here in a few days.

12. If you are picking up the t-shirts, they are $25, if I'm mailing them they are $30.

Tim likes this.
  13. Give me a call tomorrow. I've got a few "special order" long sleeve t-shirts in the mix. They cost me a bit more, but it wouldn't be the first that I have ordered.

417-773-0769

Tim likes this.
  14. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

Bret I'll probably show up in beat up Model A so I can drool over some 40s! :)

Tim and bchrismer like this.
  15. Most excellent!

16. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Dale, I don't know ? Think the 40 would be fine , would have to spend the night somewhere ,would wanna run probably 10hrs or so the 1 st day wouldn't sleep all night trying to keep an eye on the ol girl , don't want some crook to scoop her and go ,ride out would be fun full of antisapation ,ride home would probably be tuff , thought if my wife was still off I could make it a nice trip she's supposed to start back when they open schools 9/1/20 ? Probably not but let me know if you are going ,

17. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

I certainly will Dennis.
    Brett, have you decided what, if any, activities will be on Friday?

18. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Boy I hope you make the trip Dale, love to see your delivery. Come on Bret get something going for Friday.

Weedburner 40 likes this.
  19. Hey Dale,

Gimme a call tomorrow and let's have a discussion on what kinds of things you would be interested in for Friday. I can plan the heck out of scenic rides through the country, but when it comes down to trying to plan something that'll accommodate parking for several cars and entertain the masses, well, I'm a bit challenged.

I'm open to suggestions, but remember, anything indoors falls subject to the restriction of having to wear face masks.

20. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Hey Brett, PM me your phone number.

21. I'm pretty much at a loss for words. Every day, the list of cool folks coming to the event expands, and I am floored with amazement. I had a great call with Dale this morning, just visiting and shooting the bull. It was fantastic encouragement to continue on with the plan of being the most laid back event of the season.

I really never considered I would have some folks coming from distances greater than 200 miles to the event, so I had plans to do a 2 lane back road ride on Friday afternoon. In the conversation with Dale, talking about what his travel plans, time out of his shop, hotel expenses, etc, and with the 'rona-virus limitations, we figured just doing a Friday evening check-in/meet-n-greet would be more than adequate.

SnipImage.JPG
    So...the attached overhead map shows two highlighted areas. The Quality Inn & Suites is where most of the out of town folks will be staying. I've not negotiated blocks of rooms or rates, so if you prefer other hotel chains, there are others along the James River Freeway corridor. There are several eating establishments within close proximity to this area, too, so it is plenty convenient.

The other highlighted area is the parking lot that I have been granted permission to use for Friday night and Saturday morning.

Friday night we'll do a meet-n-greet hangout up in the parking lot probably from 6pm - whenever pm. I'll have your event t-shirts there and the few of you who I told just pay me there, well, I'll collect on ya. ;-)

Saturday morning, for those who want to do the 2 lane scenic back road route down to the park, we'll meet up at the same parking lot and leave there by 8:30am. That gives everyone time to get breakfast, coffee, etc. Yeah, I know we could leave earlier and drive a quicker route, but heck, this isn't a show and it sure isn't a race. We're gathering to have fun.

Under normal driving, google maps says the route should take roughly 48 minutes for a 30 mile drive.

The biggest logistical issue that I have is that holding the event in Crane, there's not a whole whole lot of eating establishments there. The Hickory Grove Cafe is within walking distance from Crane City Park. I've given them a head's up that we'll have folks who didn't pack a picnic lunch that will more than likely come up for food. There's also a Subway sandwich shop, Spring Creek Pizza, and Chinese Chef down the road a little further in Crane. I can't remember if they have "park style" BBQ grills there, but if ya wanna bring your own and provide your own lunch, that's cool too!

We're right around 45 cars registered and more who said that they were coming but haven't filled out the form yet.

I will also let you know... My buddy Robert Little and his family will be celebrating his 21st birthday during the event. They are local Crane, MO residents. Each year, since I stumbled across his 17th birthday announcement, I have made a point to attend his "Annual Car Show" birthday party, so if you see him, please wish him a happy birthday!
    RobertandMe.jpg

22. The world's most beautiful T shirt came!
    WOW! Pictures don't do it justice .
    Thanks!
    Bill

lothiandon1940 and bchrismer like this.
  23. Thanks, Bill.

Glad you like it. I knew that B-Scott would knock it out of the park when I told him to do whatever he wanted on the t-shirts. Wear it proudly, and if you get a wild hair and decide to get out for a weekend, come on over and hang out with us. ;-)

24. There's been a LOT of support of the event by several of you guys who are unable to attend by your ordering of t-shirts. I am absolutely grateful for that.

One thing that happens, when I have folks ordering t-shirts, is that sometimes I will pick up the phone and make a phone call to a guy to clarify what their request is. While it usually only takes 5 minutes or less, most times this results into a fun conversation that lasts 30 minutes or more, and usually follows with some e-mail exchange of '40 Ford photos.

Thanks to each of you who have either answered my phone calls or those who listened to my voicemail and called me back. I've enjoyed each of the conversations and hope that someday, after we feel free enough to get back into the swing of hot rodding, we can catch up down the road sometime.

25. Weedetr 40 fords.jpg

I borrowed this from @Weedburner 40 's web site. At this point, Dale is planning on bringing his yella '40 Sedan Delivery over to MO for the Midwest Forty Ford 80th Birthday Gathering, unless he has the opportunity to go to his grandson's graduation from Fort Leonard Wood.

I REALLY like this pic, due to the '40 Panel and Sedan Delivery being side by side. Huge differences between the body styles. I especially love the wheel choice on the '40 panel. Definitely validates the wheel choice on my '40 panel! LOL

26. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man the shirts/ stickers are fantastic!
    Looking forward to seeing the pictures :)

bchrismer likes this.
  27. Dude...DAY TRIP! Come on down and hang out with us. Dan and Sharyl are gonna be there, too!

28. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

That would be a great color for your panel:)

bchrismer likes this.
  29. Yeah...I'll leave that for the next guy. I would LOVE to match it up with Doug's truck, but I'd keep my slot mags. ;-) 58374141_1642925062506028_5821115956776140800_o.jpg

30. dwollam

dwollam

Just sent money by paypal for a shirt cuz we can't attend :(
    My '40 Std. tudor came from near Bethel MO in early 1965. Dad bought it when we lived at Bethel for $100.

Dave