Register now to get rid of these ads!

History midwest auto specialties....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brandon, Dec 4, 2008.

1. brandon

brandon

what ever became of this place...seemed like a JEGS/SUMMIT for the 60's and 70's...they were always in the old hot rod and such , magazines...what became of this giant ? just curious...brandon:D

2. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

No Idea what happened to them, but in High School I worked at a Pizza Shop across the street from one - I remember on payday I would walk across the street and see what I could blow my money on - I still have a STACK of receipts from that place - it'd be interesting to see what they'd total up to.

3. brandon

brandon

4. 9SECONDYENKO

9SECONDYENKO
    from usa

I always would hang out at the Midwest store on Lorain road in North olmsted,and the on fri night in the summer there would be a car cruise there.Man that was a blast back in 1985.

5. 9SECONDYENKO

9SECONDYENKO
    from usa

Do you remember the black 65 chevelle with the slicks 5spd and a wicked sounding small block in it? That was one bad ass street car.

6. I gave my son an old black midwest t-shirt about a year ago. It's one of his favorites.

7. 9SECONDYENKO

9SECONDYENKO
    from usa

Oh yea I remeber that black corvette,Gary Box would cruise up there in that black 67 ss camaro and try to race everybody.There was a 68 or 69 ss 396chevelle that would cruise midwest that had a 70 custom paint job on it and said 96 tears on the quaters that car was cool.