Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Midway Auto Salvage (Junk Yard Gold! Everything is for sale) Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PeteFromTexas, Oct 30, 2010.

1. "That's just an amazing "graveyard"!!!
    THIS one piqued my interest, has it been "shortened" somehow? I see a weld area, and the side window looks way too out of shape! "

- that's an early mopar 4 door that was shortened - looks like it was going to be a short track car at one time - the frame is mopar as well...been sitting a loooong time some where - when Tom's guys brought in it last year....

as for the "41" Chevy cpe...it came in as a rolled over/wrecked resto-mod...never was much there...

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

2. metal man

metal man

Well,the doors and quarters were never on a 4 door.

3. If the guy had to end up crushin the cars, he should have a blow out and just sell the cars for $100 over scrap prices. Then everyone is happy!!

4. ansmckay

ansmckay
    from Fargo, ND

I love old yards like that. What is the problem with the EPA? These places should be saved as national treasures.

5. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I'd sure like to have that winged hood ornament on that 50 chevy.

6. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I drive through Midlothian all the time, and I've never seen that place. I think I need to visit.

7. lawman

lawman

I wonder how did they ever escape the "Crusher" in all these years ?
    Tom (Tired Old man)

8. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I've heard stories of them cleaning out old junk yards over the years. They crush the new stuff and bring home the old stuff. Like I said they have a respect for the good old cars...

9. Metal Man - I've been wrong before....down in the bottoms where thay where moving the old stuff at one point - you'll see the big "C"...for crush that Tom has saved....

notably - a 55 Ford 2 door Ranch wagon - that was turned into a El Rancheo - mostly there...last time I looked

a 59 Ply Savoy post car - most there...bad quarter panel

63 Falcon Squire - with roof rack - most here

62 Ply Fury...less motor

46 Ford - ex fire truck...no motor

53 Willys Areo hardtop - most there

more good stuff...and getting time for the snakes and possums to go into hidding...

I should post some picks from Fry's place we crushed out in 1998...stacked three high - over 1000 cars - few made it out....lot's of 50's stuff went....

10. There's a fair few 59's there. Which is sad to see. Well, Any car there is wasting away so i suppose it's just life.
    Anyways, The Hearses caught my attention. Mainly because....What's the front hearse with the curtains and what-not?
    Looks like a 51? or maybe earlier. Mayyyyyybe even 48.
    No clue, It's hard to tell without the front end!

Jackson

11. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Was up there 4yrs.ago he wanted your nut sack and first born for anything in the yard

12. grouch

grouch

Talk about really feeling stupid, I've driven by that yard twice a day going to & from work everyday for more than 3 years now, and I never knew all those old cars were in there. DUHHH

13. BAD NEWS....went for a visit today....looking for some OT stuff for my 69...

ALL of the old stuff has been put behind a FENCED IN AREA - no parts

and the "BOTTOMS" where more pickable stuff is - IS NOW OFF LIMITS - as well...

didn't speak to Tom - didn't go over to his office - but the yard guy said he's not sure when this will all blow over....

14. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

The EPA would be a good place to start cutting the budget.

15. Devoted

Devoted
    from DFW Texas

Are you serious! :mad: i was just there not long ago i did notice they where arranging stuff

16. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

dibs on hearses!!

17. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

Now that's just sad! With the economy the way it is why STOP a business making money?

18. yes...the old stuff up top - has been all fenced in and there is a large - 20ft high - mound of dirt - seperating the top level from the bottoms....not sure about the EPA...but I know there have been some creeps trying to buy the place for a while...so it might figure in (the EPA visit) since Tom was not about to sell the place cheap...

19. Y ME

Y ME
    from dallas

20. BStoltz

BStoltz

Amen to that!!

21. Dchaz

Dchaz

Going east on 287 after you go aroung Midlothian about a mile or so before the red light look to the right for a white metal fence. I dont think there has ever been a sign out there.

22. ledsleds

ledsleds
    from texas

So what is the latest news on Midway Auto Salvage? Are those morons at the EPA forcing Tom to crush out the yard? If so, it is insane! Those old cars can't be replaced! A few years back the owners of a old yard near downtown Dallas were forced to crush it out of existence and millions of valuable parts are gone forever! A total shame for NO good reason!

23. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I really don't know ledsleds. I haven't been out there. I'll see if I can find something out.

24. resinjeff

resinjeff
    from detroit

remember, they dont want you to fix "old " cars..the corperations want to buy a new one..every few years...

25. 4950ford

4950ford
    from cushing,ok

just like the cash for clunkers deal, all of those cars were crushed per the government, alot of valuable parts, gone

26. ls1wagon

ls1wagon
    from dallas

My car came from there.

27. brad chevy

brad chevy

In any state or county ,a moneybag developer comes in flashes cash,wants some land for a golfcourse or gated community bang,your shit is useless and an eyesore so the crooked politions give you an order and if you don"t do what it says they can fine you to death and if that doesn"t work,condem your property and take it.

28. man oh man. im loving it. But im going to need to go pick up my jaw now.

29. Keep

Keep

Its a shame. Those cars have been there for what 40+ years, and now they are a problem? I guess someone needs to justify their job.

30. plmczy

plmczy

Ya know it's really sad, our government can secretly burn off toxic crap into the air, bury the stuff underground,etc; but yet they have a cow when someone has a recycle yard to help out the little guys with their hobbie or just to keep their daily on the road to put food on the table and a roof over their head. They wonder why so many people hate the gov. hmmmm, go figure.