Register now to get rid of these ads!

Midnight Mass 2009 Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rexmortis, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Von Farly 1923

Von Farly 1923
    from Sacramento

Thanks to all The Poor Boys for the hard work and making this years show so great, and for the four link I won in the raffle!

[​IMG]

2. hey thank you for having a great show and we will definatly be back next year!!!! way too many good times!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Rexmortis

Rexmortis

Bump and post more pics !

4. Stone

Stone

Thanks for posting. Looked like a cool turnout.

5. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Congrates on winning the 4 link!!!

Funny story: The $500 gift certificate from Sacramento Kustoms was won by his next door neighbor, whose car he works on all the time anyway.

6. awesome pics - that flamed Studebaker P/U was sweet

7. CenValyCali

CenValyCali
    from Hanford

8. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Man one of these days i will remember to take pictures!i have so much fun running around lookin and talkin that i never do.sorry bruce!ok so next year i will add something costructive to this thread when it starts again!thanks for the pics!

9. CenValyCali

CenValyCali
    from Hanford

10. prttyplymouthgal

prttyplymouthgal

Cool pics

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  11. Rexmortis

Rexmortis

12. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

13. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Damn I was hoping to see more pictures on here....and i was there.

i'll share a few i snapped on my phone. we were asked to choose a few cars for trophies so i snapped some pics on the phone of the ones i liked to show the fellas.

these were the contenders.....

We chose Kim's Lincoln coz it just stopped us dead in our tracks....over and over again. If you guys see her at a show, stop by and say whats up. we talked for at least 20min and she knows that car from front to back....and its nice for a change to talk to someone who has nothing but nice things to say about people.

[​IMG]

Part of what impressed us was the bugs on the windshield. She drove this car from San Leandro to Sac for the show. She said the 341 (i think,...or was it 340?) purrs right along and is plenty fast enough for cruising. the gambino air ride set up works like a dream too.

[​IMG]

As with most classic customs,...everything was moved just a little and modified slightly. I cant get enough of this cars 3/4 view.

The interior was beautiful too.

[​IMG]

From da back.
    [​IMG]

Congrats again...thanks for bringing this car out to share with us.

14. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

[​IMG]

This is another hot rod that stopped us dead in our tracks. It was dead on. It featured a 35 flathead with a 39 trans,...48 juice brakes all around,....mordrop axle in the front, a sellers equipped windshield frame and grill, and bent wire wheels.

[​IMG]

The intake was a pretty rare piece and i am sorry but i cant remember the name. the owner said it runs like a dream and he has it out on the highway all the time.
    [​IMG]

Simple hot rod interior.

[​IMG]

super clean rear end.

15. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Me and dad are building a 50 5 window stockerr -- these are a few i snapped for him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dig that patina and painted grill....

[​IMG]

...and a not so stocker coz i like hot rods.

[​IMG]

Its amazing....all that sun at the show and i never caught this one in direct light. the color was pretty bad ass for green.

16. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Again,....thanks to the POORBOYS for a cool ass show.

This was how we spent a little time on Sunday afternoon. Bennies 'lectric fuel pump is gettin goofy and decided to quit working. twice.

[​IMG]

at least he broke down near the shade the first time. and i had just pulled off coz the wife was thirsty so i brought him some cold waters.

[​IMG]

Bennie and Rog discussing fuel pumps, hot rods, and the best parts of MM 2009.

Hopefully my "thread killer" status wont apply here.

Well,...those are my pics. Who else has some more?

17. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

It was a real pleasure meeting you guys after following your build threads. Sorry you had trouble on the way home.

18. Kutty Photography

Kutty Photography
    from Modesto

Brand new to the forum, thought I would share some of the pics that I took from the show. I got there a little late so most are night shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've got a ton more but haven't uploaded them all yet.

19. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

upload 'em....lets see them all.

20. Kutty Photography

Kutty Photography
    from Modesto

I'll post some more tomorrow.

21. James66g

James66g

I hope you have more of the brunette all the way to the left! Wow ! cant wait to see more pics trying to figure out how I missed some of these cars !

22. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Great shots of cars and the Vicious Betty's, need to see more

23. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Those night shots look awesome. I hope you post more.

24. vonPetrol

vonPetrol
    from Folsom, CA

I really enjoyed the show this year and was finally able to get my '53 F-100 ready to go (although the gremlins that inhabit my garage made me replace my brake master cylinder just hours before the show).

I took like a hundred and a half pics and have them posted in high resolution on my FLICKR page; feel free to check them out and steal them if you want.

Much thanks to the Poor Boys and anyone else who helped put it on...it sure is a long way from the hotel parking lots from a few years back.

[​IMG]

After bleeding my brakes, the wife and I were able to make it up to the show just in time to get in. I believe that I must've been one of the last dozen or two cars to get in; I know that they ran out of registration tags and goodie bags, but that is not why we show up to these events anyway.

[​IMG]

The Betties were as hot as the summer air, the cars cool, the vendors had neat shit and Wayne Hancock was great!

Complaints, I'm sure we all had a few. I for one am not the biggest fan of lowriders and the like, but that is just me. I'd rather have seen some of the cool traditional rods in the parking lot inside the show instead. To me, success next year will read like this, more hot rods, more hot Betties, more cold beer, more killer music and more motorcycles!

Here are a few highlight pics...like I said earlier, more can be found on my Flickr page (link above).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. studhud

studhud

Looks like a good turn out. I am kinda bummed I didnt make it down the hill 30 miles, instead I went to Salina Kansas for the KKOA show. Since I didnt go how about some more pics of what I missed!
    Thanks Dave Hitch

26. Rexmortis

Rexmortis

To those who have emailed me requesting larger images, my computer decided not to turn back on after a reboot. I'm going to curse and swear at it and punch it a few times to see if that fixes it. Hopefully I'll get the images off there soon. I have your emails and I will send out asap..sorry for the delay...I have to sneak on at work to type this...

Keep posting those night pics. Sorry I missed the night portion. I had to bail due to unexpected issues. Sorry I missed the night..hopefully I can stay the entire time next time...

27. Rexmortis

Rexmortis

Anyone got an email to the person who did the stripe work on this car ? I need my dash mashed up with stripes

Attached Files:

28. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

vonPetrol nice pictures, thanks for posting them.

Speaking of pictures, where are all of them? Seems like there were a lot of pictures being taken that day. What, nobody likes Edsel's? Haven't seen one picture of my car yet.

29. Rexmortis

Rexmortis

I got this Ed and I didn't go through all my pics you can check my gallery http://rexmortis.yossman.net/MidnightMass09/ to see if there's one in there...I'll send you the large image of this Ed if it's yours

Attached Files:

30. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Looks like you missed Rexmortis, it was at the bottom of the ramp from the main gate. I guess I'm forced to post the few pictures i took.