Register now to get rid of these ads!

Midnight Madness Change over

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by ThingyM, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Old28

Old28

Dick your falling apart, and I thought I had medical problems. You got to be feeling a little better to make the March Meet. Are you going to run the altered?

Are you going to have the SDRA ride ready for the "opener"?:confused:

Just remember 194" & 300" === 5 car lengths at the start.:D;)

And don't even start with the old tired eyes bit.:rolleyes:

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

106" doesn't equal 5 car lengths.:p

3. ThingyM

ThingyM

NO.!!! Not entering anything in the MM.. Just gonna walk around and see my friends on Saturday. No, The car will not be ready for quite some time. But I do plan on working on it as I can.. The DRs seem to think that other than a few problems, I'm in pretty good shape for a 78 yr old dude...

4. Old28

Old28

64 DODGE 440 -- I don't know tom, I still think brute 300" running high 11's and a baby 194" running low 13's still works out to 5 lengths at the start.:rolleyes: If not it is going to take a .000 light to just make it a race and I have not cut anything near that in the last 15 years unless I left on the second bulb and got lucky.:D

The only good way to look at it is that we will be having fun making passes & being with friends.:)

ThingyM --Have a good time at the MM race and keep working on that SDRA ride, maybe we will be able to run together later in the year. Would be fun to make the Barona Nostalgia Race (1/8 mile) on 10/6/2013 with our two cars, maybe Dick (old6) with his HA/MGR if he does not go to Eagle Field on 10/5 and maybe talk Mike (moracing) to come over from AZ. with his slant 6 SDRA car they are finishing up. Would make for a lot of fun and lots of passes, think about it.

5. ThingyM

ThingyM

I Will try.. I will try...

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I'll look for ya Saturday Dick!

7. Old28

Old28

OK Dick you are back on the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To stay there you need to talk to use more than once a month.:D:D:D

8. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

We need pictures too.

9. Old28

Old28

I don't know about pictures (440), you may have to go by his shop and shoot a few for him.:rolleyes:

I am just glad that he is still in the game and wants to get back in the seat.:D

Now you both get back to working on those hot rods, another HA/GMR & a SDRA car, things are looking good. :):)

10. ThingyM

ThingyM

I don't do pictures very well, Seems like all I do is take pictures of my face.(LMAO) But will keep ya posted on progress.. Buying the paint today for the chassis..Does anyone know if there is an Aluminum cam sprocket for a 300" Ford motor.?? I sure can't find one...

11. ThingyM

ThingyM

I found them both. The Cam and crank gear, $60.00. Plus a few other things I will need..

12. Old28

Old28

JUST GOT TO LOOK A LITTLE HARDER --;):rolleyes:

Nice having you back on your thread.:D

13. ThingyM

ThingyM

OK. I don't want things to be like the last time.. WHAT 4 Barrel carb is legal for the SDRA class. I was thinking of using a 650 Holley double pumper.. OK or Not.??

14. RoadRunner5

RoadRunner5

Carberators: Any and any number. How do you like that? Joe Hamby

15. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  16. Old28

Old28

I'm with Joe, any 4 barrel is fine for now!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Let's just get it out to the track, we will worry about the small stuff later;)

17. Old28

Old28

ThingyM -- get off that facebook junk and get that SDRA car done, we

need you out at the track.:D:D:D

So what's going on with the modification?:confused:;)

Just got back in town on the 4th and started getting converter out of car. Hotter than H--- in Bako last few weeks.

18. ThingyM

ThingyM

I haven't got the head back yet. Got everything except converter. I'm going to change the rear end to.. I think the S10 rear might be a little to weak...Rattle can paint is getting ready to happen.. I gotta quit getting this Damn Bronchittis first...

19. Old28

Old28

Sounding real sweet, maybe by the ANRA Final in Oct?:confused:

Are you going to cut down a Ford 9" and keep the wheel center line at 52"?:confused: If you do make up two;););) Not sure how well this 8.8 rear will do, would like to end up with a 9" and a spool.

Got my converter & trans out, I am going to use one of my used 8" converters that I have left from the altered. I will have to change my input PG shaft to a used TH shaft that the converter takes. Hope to have it all back together in couple weeks.:)

What you doing to that head? Knowing you it will be a stock rebuild with a few modifications, (big valves, springs, P&P, ect,ect.:rolleyes:

Just get it done so we can have some fun!!!!!!!!!:D

20. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

I don't know how much Horse power your making, but, the "boys" here aren't having any trouble with the 8". We also have a car with a Jeep rear end. Remember your only putting about 4.5" of actual rubber on the ground with the Coker tire.
    If you can find the right Mopar rear end, width, it will take less Hp.