Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mid century danish armchair restoration.

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by garth slater, Apr 30, 2018.

1. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

Hi ,I’m an auto upholsterer who loves mid century danish and danish inspired furniture, thus I occasionally find chairs in beat to hell condition and fix it up, I can upholster ok, but I’m in no way an expert woodwork repair/refinishing guy, I’d love to see what you guys are restoring at the moment. I’d also love to understand more about restoring teak,

I’ll post pics of what I’m currently working on tomorrow when I’m in front of my computer not my phone but here’s a couple of old project photos that show what I’m talking about,

Does anyone else like this stuff? If yes post up them projects or links to threads of what your doin.

Attached Files:

2. apenglish64

apenglish64

Yes I like this stuff. Unfortunately I've never done any restoring but will be watching this thread and others that may come up here. The yellowish gold chair on the left of the picture (and it's twin) needs upholstery but it's in line behind an art-deco coffee table project and some restroom vanity work as well.

Attached Files:

• lr.jpg
      lr.jpg
      File size:
      162.3 KB
      Views:
    Stogy likes this.
  3. I have restore/rebuilt/refinished several pieces of furniture over the years,a roll top desk,a step back cupboard,a early wooden ice box,a railroad depot desk and a coupe of wooden swivel chairs.

I have a very old Morris chair waiting for me to repair and refinish it. HRP

4. Mtn Goat

Mtn Goat

We have a couple chairs, a foot stool and a end table. Also have a couch and chair that must have been in a formal living room under plastic before we found the at a vintage thrift store... not Danish but mid century. 20180430_155115.jpg 20180430_155000.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. I like to call our furniture choices ecliptic,that or early American junk yard. :rolleyes: HRP