Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mid-50s Studebaker Wagons?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeepSouthRick, Feb 1, 2007.

1. DeepSouthRick

DeepSouthRick

Anyone running mid-50s Studebaker wagons? I was a day late and a dollar short on a 2-door '55 several years ago -- always reminded me of a mini-Nomad. A little on the odd side, I know.

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

3. 37CoupeE

37CoupeE

I have a 1955 2 door Studebaker wagon that my dad started to restore.
    I have it now and will someday get back to it.
    He had the frame and running gear completed and was just starting on the body.
    The nice thing was that he picked up NOS rear quarters, doors, front fenders and lower front valence for it.
    The rear quarters are not just skins but the complete side with all interior bracing and wheel wells.
    You cut the old ones off at the roof and at the lower floor pan and replace them.
    A 31 Ford Pickup entered my life and the wagon is now waiting for it's turn.

4. DeepSouthRick

DeepSouthRick

I know how one car project can jump ahead of another... was at about the same stage on a 57 Chevy wagon (pulled body off the frame & cleaned it up, added tubular A-arms, trans mount, power disk, etc; then, wound up restoring a 67 Mustang for my wife. Hope to get back to the Chevy this summer -- Stang is about 80% done now).

Man, hang on to that Stude! Where in the world did he find NOS body parts -- or how long ago was it?! I'd probably by one myself, but I honestly have reached the max car limit (at least for now).

5. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

maybe a little new, but how bout early 60's studebaker wagon like this.

Attached Files:

6. DeepSouthRick

DeepSouthRick

Can't beat that Gladiator grill!

7. rixrex

rixrex

The 2-door Conestoga wagon came out in 54 I think, cool thing to do is put a 53 frontend on it.hardest thing to find probably would be a tailgate.I'm lurking on two in San Antonio, want one real bad too..I have a 63 Wagonaire for sale if anyone is interested, thats the one with the sliding rear roof section....

8. I have a 54 two wagon also! It is one of my favorite projects and don't want to start it till I can devote total attention to it. TOO many other things going on right now@!!!

9. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I Love old Stude wagons. we had several when I was growing up, There are a couple of cool custom ones on the CARNUT.com site

10. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Love these

Attached Files:

11. phattpat

phattpat
    from Armada, MI

Here's what my '56 looked like when I finally got it home a few years ago... finally undergoing major surgery now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

Here's my '57. I have an original supercharger setup that I hope to install eventually. For now it's on the back burner.

Attached Files:

13. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

Can't beat a early 60's Studebaker wagon.

14. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

Funny you should bring this up. I saw two at Desert Valley Auto Parts junkyard in Phoenix when I was there for the Barrett-Jackson.
    http://www.azclassics.com/

15. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

jake's blown wagon

Attached Files:

16. rixrex

rixrex

that is one fine lookin mobeel..its a 54? by blown, it has a Paxton supercharger on it?