Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mid 50's early 60's drag cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moonboots & sweatpants, Oct 15, 2009.

1. moonboots & sweatpants

moonboots & sweatpants
    from Coalfield

Looking to build a Henry J as a drag car running in the late fifties to real early sixties. Tried a search and looked through the drag cars in motion thread, want an earlier style than the jacked up front and back look. Any pics would be great, even other makes from that era.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Again I am going to bump this thread too. Looking for the same type of examples for my 54 Chevy. Lets's see them!!!!!

3. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Me too, I'm about to pick up a 52 chevy and this ting used to be a street machine back in the 60's. Any examples please.

4. George Klass

George Klass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

http://georgeklass.net/gassers.html
    Scroll down...

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

This car was built into a race car in the early 60s (my dad got it after it was in storage for decades). Olds rear, crossram 301 originally, then fuel injected and then blown later on as it got faster (it was put away in 65 when the owners son was born), later bars.. etc. it was originally a mild custom show car in the late 50s/ early 60s so the owner had a lot of stuff chrome plated when it was converted to race. (M&S Welding in LA area did the work.) you will get the feel for how it was set up. It ran at the 65 Winternationals in Pomona. there is a video of that race on Youtube and during one of the pit shots it is driving thru.. (it was in black primer back then).

Here is a link to all the pictures of it
    http://public.fotki.com/boones/car_clubs_and_friends/dads_hot_rods/1951-chevy-gasser/

[​IMG]

6. cs39ford

cs39ford

IMG_0348.JPG This is original car from 1967 Just got a fresh 327 Everything else is the way it was set up to race back in the day truck straight axle 57 olds rearend IMG_0347.JPG