Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Mickey Thompson 69 Mustang Funny Car with a blown nitro 427SOHC vintage Drag Race

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

That's an excerpt from a video tape I have called "Ford At the Races" and covers lots and lots of cool vintage stuff from the '60's. I haven't watched it in years, but I seem to remember it only being 30 minutes or so long but covers early Nascar, the drags at Indy, this video and some other stuff like the Thunderbolts.

2. Are you kidding me?:confused: Monkeys LOVE drag racing!

But they're not such big fans of the hokey music that's overdubbed on a lot these old racing film clips. :D

Great film! Thanks for posting it, never seen it before.

3. Falconred

Falconred

Woops, I ment to post on here earlier that I "stole" the vidio link and posted it on the FordFE forum.

4. BobG

BobG

No not that one, this is Danny Ongias... The M/T Mustang that crashed in Dallas was driven by Pat Foster, it was the red one with the name Mickey Thompson in multi colored lettering.
    Pat lost control and went into Gerry Schwartz lane well in front of Schwartz but Schwartz never lifted and ran into Foster.
    Schwartz was killed in the crash.
    The crash can be seen on Youtube

5. Lessee...

Vintage drag racing? Check.
    Vintage F/Cs unstable at all speeds? Check.
    Vintage hotties in the stands? Check.
    Cammer on nitro? BIG check.

...and monkeys? Check.

Helluva video;you're a good man for sharing that with us. Hmmm,I was 12-13 years old,dug the hell out of the funnies of that era(to echo 440Dave),and that just brought back SO many good memories. Thanks!