Register now to get rid of these ads!

Michigan Painter recommendations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyironman, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Okay guys... Any recommendations of who is a decent painter, but yet be okay with just a mask and shoot job.

I'm here in the boonies, and no shops around here intrested (they just want insurance work). I could haul it anywhere in Mich...

I have a project car ready to shoot with color. All body work done, it is ready to mask off, wipe down with a tack cloth and roll in a booth and shoot with sealer and color. Yes, I know that many don't want to do the shooting if they didn't do the prep, but I have professional experience in the past and know how to do body work and prep correctly. I just no longer have acccess to a spray booth and my right shoulder is messed up where I don't trust myeslf shooting color topcoat.

Just looking for a single stage enamel with hardener or a single stage urethane. Non metallic.

Any suggestions of a shop or a painter?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. Gary in da UP

Gary in da UP

You might be a little more specific on location, Michigan is a big state

3. I'm an hour north of Grand Rapids....I would be okay dragging it anywhere in the lower peninsula.

4. derbydad276

derbydad276

washtenaw community college in ann arbor mich has a award winning body shop program
    they will take in work from what I hear

if not there check with your local community college

5. Torchie

Torchie

Sounds like you are in or near Cadillac. Ferris University in Big Rapids used to have a body and paint program. Check with them.

6. Ferris is phasing out their program. They won't do anything over 15 years old. I've checked with the current managers.

Used to know Vergil and Jim there but they were layed-off then ferris started downsizing their program.

7. pumpman

pumpman

I have a buddy who owns an auto body shop and has a real good shooter work for him. He has done work on my stuff, no complaints. But we're at the bottom of the state west side. Let me know if you're interested and I can ask him and let you know.

8. Challenger Auto Body. Sand lake Michigan. And if you need classis mopar parts he is you man.

9. heavy metal custom paint and fab grand rapids

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

T-Rods Auto Body in Burton, MI. Just south of Flint. (810)744-2399. Ask for Tommy and tell him Pete sent ya!