Register now to get rid of these ads!

Michigan HAMBers ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldoginMd, Nov 29, 2011.

1. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

I have been a member of the Maryland HAMBers thread each week ... however I have move to northern Michigan is there one for Michigan ??

Of course internet is spotty up here but I am working on it

Thank

Oldog

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

You mean the GMB's? Check out the social group. There are a few of us here!

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

Holy smokes,.. your about an hour north of me !,... Welcome to Michigan !,... I see your a nonconformist, Because 57,000 people left this state this year. Hey,... more for us !

4. yooper111

yooper111

We're all here because we're not all there...

5. Deuces

Deuces

There's already a BiG thread on here for Michigan H.A.M.B.ers... Look us up on the search.. ;)

6. Another GMB'r here. Welcome to PURE MICHIGAN.

(as in soon to be pure white) :D;)

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

*Please note:mini rant below,.....*

I HATE Winter,.... And the older I get the more I hate it !

8. cffisher

cffisher

I'm in Michigan just the other end of the map with 2" + white stuff out side

9. Torchie

Torchie

Welcome to the neighborhood.
    Not far from you. Just about 45 mins south west.
    Good luck with your internet. Ours is slow, when it works at all:rolleyes:

10. millersgarage

millersgarage

I thought the M in HAMB stood for Michigan.....

There are lots of us here.

11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I would NEVER live in Michigan, or join any group that would have me as a member.

Brian

12. CayoRV

CayoRV

Down in the SW corner on the shores of the big pond. Welcome to the state where if you don't like the weather, just wait 10 minutes, it'll change!

13. Welcome to the area. I'm north, just across the river, but have many friends in Michigan. A good bunch, well, most of them:)

14. troylee

troylee

welcome to the enchanted mitten

15. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Welcome!

Now abandon all ye hope.

16. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

when I first joined the hamb germ warned me "watch your step or the Michigan guys will fag you...

17. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

Hey Olddog, I remember seeing that panel for sale on fleabay. I thought it was the coolest but a little too rotted for me (I think I was working in Phoenix at the time as well). So cool that it is in the state now. I'd love to see it some time. Welcome to the Great White North. I think you're gonna like it here.

Attached Files:

18. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

welcome to michigan.

19. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Thanks all ,
    First I did a lot of searches before I posted this thread and could not get to a Michigan thread … I have since tried “GMB“ and “ Michigan H.A.M.B.ers
    “ in the search with not much luck . Come to think of it I can not remember how I ended up in the Maryland thread either .
    I have already found some barn finds up here and found a junk yard that I suspect Torchie knows well ..Swains [ ? ] in Bellaire Mi…lots of old stuff and look forward to exploring it to the max in the spring . Which comes about June up here .
    Bearcat you have a long memory , that must have been at least 4 years ago . I bought it off Cracklist and it now has all new metal and is ready for paint . Thanks for the picture as this is the first time I have seen a photo of this truck outside of what I took .
    I am looking forward to living here and if anyone needs a stop off place on their way to the UP feel free to contact me .. I have plenty of room but I keep the fridge locked ….. :)

20. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

21. Swains is cool. Lots of cool old stuff to look at, but most is way far gone....

We're about 15 years too late for most of the stuff there. Even though, it's a great way to spend an afternoon. Spent a few there myself.

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Welcome to Michigan. Hope you don't regret moving here. There are about 4 months that somewhere else looks much better and about 8 months that hot rodding is great. I just got my initiation to the bad 4 months by following a semi at 35-40 mph all the way from Detroit to Bay City last night with visibility about 10 ft. I'm only a lottery win away from short sleeved shirts and shorts this time of year.:eek::rolleyes::D

Frank

23. pumpman

pumpman

Welcome to long winters and long underwear from down at the bottom of the state on the lake.

24. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

....And u ya didn't stop by...:(

25. 4tford

4tford

Welcome from Hartland, Michigan. Just sitting here looking at about 3 to 4 inches of snow.

26. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Thanks f-6 big help........... I guess I will now have to cxhange my moniker from oldoginMD to oldoginMI

27. WELCOME from COLDWATER MICHIGAN The wether sucks it changes at the oddest time and every thing rust faster but there is allway Great antiques to be found and restored. Anything is worth saving no matter how ruster, or how far gone it is BEST OF LUCK TO YOU

28. Welcome Aboard Oldog from Auburn Hills, MI....I'm originally from Queenstown, MD on my beloved Eastern Shore. Northern Michigan huh?!?!Get ready for snow that falls in footage, not inches...

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Welcome Old Dog. Im a Border dweller on the edge of Michigan and OhiO

you know, where its so flat you can watch your Dog run away for 3 days

30. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That's it? I had 7 1/2" on top of 3TONFUN this morning!