Register now to get rid of these ads!

michigan hambers....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kritz, Nov 8, 2003.

1. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

just wanted to let you know that on the 21st of nov, hayseed dixie will be playing in flint at the machine shop. for those of you who know who hayseed dixie are, you know what kind of fun is to be had....for those who have never heard of em....
    hayseed dixie
    hope to see some of you there!!

2. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

They look like my neighbors [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

I thought about going, but I heard that the opening acts suck! [​IMG]

4. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

never heard of em but The Machine Shop ROCKS!!!

5. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

ok, i'll admit it steve, it's my crappy band that's opening up for hayseed dixie. kustombuilder, i think you may just know our singer/guitarist...eric allen...think he does some bodywork for you??? i could be mistaken though.

6. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i wondered. he had'nt told me the name of his new band. last i knew it was Dixie Hustler and he played drums.
    that bastard used to tell us when he was playing at The Machine Shop. well i'm not goin until HE invites me [​IMG]

LOL....

7. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

i'll have eric give you a ring then....
    he's still playing drums with dixie hustler...eric's side project is called "whitey morgan and the trouble bound band" it's all old honky tonk country stuff...

8. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

which band is kritz in?

9. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

oh yeah, i knew that.

10. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

i'm in whitey morgan and the trouble bound band.....i'm the trouble bound upright bass player. so anyone gonna come to the show??? i can prolly get the owners to offer a hamber discount at the door....and pbr is plentiful and cheap. hell i'll buy the first round of drinks for any hambers that show up.

11. jdubbya

jdubbya

If ya twist my arm, I might be able to show up. I usually get paid for my appearances though. [​IMG] Unless something major comes up, I will be there. -Joe

12. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

[ QUOTE ]
    Unless something major comes up, I will be there. -Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm definitely not going!!! [​IMG]

13. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

SHEEEEIT! thats a friday holmes, can't make it. i have one of those annoying "jobs" i have to be at from 5pm till 2am. screwy shift, i know. that does'nt mean Cherryblossom won't go without me though. she has before. maybe she'll round up a couple of the girls and go. wish i could go.

14. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

I might come....see who else will go with me. Flint isn't my favorite place in the world to drive alone at night....... :p

15. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

oh yeah...what time will you be playing? I mean...what time will you REALLY be playing? eric has this habit of telling me he's playing at 9, and he doesn't play til midnight! Any ideas?

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I work till midnite that nite [​IMG]

17. John B

John B

Hayseed Dixie ROCKS!!!! For those of you who haven't heard or seen them,you're in for a show. You'll love it if they play "Keepin' your poop in a jar"

18. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

as far as i know, there's still only 2 bands on that show meaning that the 1st would prolly start around 10...and the main act would prolly start about 11:15 or 11:30 and playtill about 12:30. i'll keep everyone posted.

why hasn't fathack chimed in on this post yet????

sorry you have to work denise, it'd be nice to see you again.

19. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

oh come on Denise.... If you can take all that time off to cruise all over the damn world, you oughtta be able to make it up to Flint! [​IMG]

20. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Yeah, yeah...I hear ya!!! [​IMG]

If I'm not mistaken for a deer and shot, and if I have a few bucks left in the beer budget by then, I might just sneak up there for this gig...

...WAS just gonna quietly sneak in all incognito...but ya called me out, didn't ya?! [​IMG]

21. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

So if the weather's decent (decent for the end of Nov in MI), are we driving cool cars, or just the daily drivers? mine ain't got a heater, so this 20 degree shit is NO FUN!

22. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

My new hot rod would be a bit drafty...and since it doesn't run yet...I'd be tired after pushing it maybe a block. I'll be in my nice warm little buzz-bomb!

23. Push, Hell! You could Fred Flintstone it all the way! Yabba Dabba DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[ QUOTE ]
    oh come on Denise.... If you can take all that time off to cruise all over the damn world, you oughtta be able to make it up to Flint! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG] In order for me to cruz all over the world during the cruzn season I must work my little fingers to the bone in the off season. I am presently working 3 jobs right now. Yes, you read that right. 1 full time M-F 8:30-5:30 at the cable company, 1 part time nites and weekends at a scrapbook store, and I still do a couple of art shows a month with my ladies hand painted clothing. By the time I'll have gotten off work on Friday nite, I'll have worked 14 1/2 hours. I have to leave the next morning at 7am for an art show that I'm doing in Waterford. Boo hoo, poor me. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yep, I don't have a life right now but it will be worth it next spring when I can hopefully have enough extra $$ to put a top on Big Olds without sacrificing any of my fuel money [​IMG]

25. TOP???? on Big Olds??? Man, I gotta lay off the pipe! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jay

ps It won't be any fun when I tell Vanessa I am going cruising with you "topless" !

26. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

sorry to ruin your potential stealthy entrance fathack...like i said though previously...first round is on me for the hambers that show....by the way....i love the the lil pic of "hot rod stewie".
    for those of you that can make it...please do. for those with prior obligations....maybe next time eh??
    let me know if anyone needs directions.

27. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Yeah, Flintstone Flyer...that's me!!! [​IMG]

All I need now is a Pteradactyl windshield wiper!!!

28. jdubbya

jdubbya

Steve, quit being a wuss! Drive that beater, rev the piss out of it to warm things up. [​IMG] If anyone else plans to show up, and you need directions, feel free to PM me and I will get you there, without going through the ghetto, unless you prefer to go that way. -Joe

29. Donzie

Donzie

I don't have a gig that nite so I'm planning on coming. I have no idea where the "Machine Shop" is and I don't know my way around Flint so I'll need some pretty solid directions.
    I'll see if I can get a couple of my band mates to go with me.

I just confirmed with my son (he's a drummer) that he'll go and maybe the guitarist from his band. They even knew who Hayseed Dixie was!
    Is there a way to reserve seating? How early should we be there?

30. jdubbya

jdubbya

Hey Donnie, The Machine Shop is located on Dort Hwy, just north of Atherton Road. Take I-75 south to I-69 east, exit at Dort Hwy. Go south on Dort approx 1-2 miles to The Machine Shop. If you get to Atherton Rd., you went too far. It is on the east side of the Road near an ARBYS and across from the Dort Mall. I am sure that there will be more info in the coming week.