Register now to get rid of these ads!

Michelin Skinny XZX tread photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NasT, Sep 6, 2012.

1. NasT

NasT
    from MD

Any of you who own these have any close ups of the tread pattern? I cant see them that well on Coker's Site. I know a few of you have them on here. I would appreciate the help. I want to go 145 but the 135 ZX's look a little better, but I'm not sure untill I see a close up.

Thanks!

2. hotrodtim

hotrodtim

They are the same!

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The tread patterns are the same and always have been. Now, personal opinion, if your looking to shod the Halibrands on the front of your bucket I would point you to the 145X15". I've done zillions of miles on both on both VWs and hot rods, and even though the actual difference in size is minimal, the difference in side wall flex and handling is nuts. On anything heavier than a Bug, the 135 gets kinda "skatey" for the lack of any official term, especially in the wet.

4. NasT

NasT
    from MD

Here it is right from Coker.

I didn't realize they were the same. They do look a tad different.

Yes, I think I am going to run these instead of the 165r15 F560's i have now.

2 sizes smaller and better tread pattern should look better on the 15x4.5" rim.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012

5. They are not exactly the same tread. Close, but not exact. I would use the 145 also.

6. NasT

NasT
    from MD

Thanks all!

I think this will fit the car better.

This seems to be the prefered tire for alot of the guys running Halibrands.